Not having any social media

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I joined Myspace years ago and after half an hour got sent a picture of a Californian in tight trunks sitting on a rock on the beach welcoming me and asking me for a chat. Took me 3 months before they'd let me close the account.

Did you have a chat?

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It sinks???? 

You have just ruined that film for me!

To be fair, the ship sinking is only a part of the film. Most of the action takes place once the passengers are in the water after the sharks show up.

You don't see the first one for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water? You can tell by lookin’ from the dorsal to the tail. What the Titanic passengers didn’t know, was that their bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn’t even list them overdue for a week. Very first light, sharks come cruisin’ by, so Molly Brown formed them into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin’ and hollerin’ and sometimes that shark he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into the camera. And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin’ and your hollerin’ those sharks come in and… they rip you to pieces.

You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don’t know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin’, Jack Dawson bumped into a friend of his, Cal Hockley from Philadelphia. Socialite. Jack thinks he was asleep. He reaches over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he’d been bitten in half below the waist.

At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted them, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Danger here, anyway he spotted them and a few hours later a big ol’ fat PBY come down and started to pick them up. You know that was the time Jack was most frightened. Waitin’ for his turn. He’ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, April the 15th, 1912.

Anyway, they delivered the bomb. It's a fun movie, you should check it out.

I have a Facebook account but rarely use it. I've 'unfollowed' (i.e. I remain friends with them but don't see their posts) absolutely loads of folk and unfriended quite a few as well. There are quite a few that I'll probably do one of those two to pretty soon as well.

It's just boring for the most part. Just a horrible platform for boasting. The vast majority of the shit people post me makes think "So? Why should I care? And why do you think others should care, and why is that seemingly important to you?".

There are loads of folk who seem to use some sort of handbook for posting on Facebook, in that they post the exact same unthinking shit as everyone else does. These are the types of things that you usually see in the Top 5 Forum on the post about Facebook.

Twitter is mentally stupid stuff and pointless. Snapchat amazes me, and not in a good way. Just what the f**k do you think you're doing?

13 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Twitter is cool and good. I used to have a Facebook got rid a few years ago. Whatever. Its Instagram and Snapchat and whatsapp I don't get.

Whats not to get about them? Instagram is for sharing pictures and whats app is for instant messages.

Snap chat is for taking a picture and then the person who receives it can only see for a few seconds. It also has apps that distort your face and make you look like a dog among other things, its basically for teenagers and mentally challenged adults. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Whats not to get about them? Instagram is for sharing pictures and whats app is for instant messages.

Snap chat is for taking a picture and then the person who receives it can only see for a few seconds. It also has apps that distort your face and make you look like a dog among other things, its basically for teenagers and mentally challenged adults. 

What if you already look like a dog?

1 hour ago, Ramagamma said:

Twitter is cool and good. I used to have a Facebook got rid a few years ago. Whatever. Its Instagram and Snapchat and whatsapp I don't get.

Whatsapp is just a free app for texting, it allows you to message and send pictures etc just like via conventional phone texts but without the cost. I fail to see what is difficult to understand about that.

Don't have instagram or Snapchat.

Have Twitter but never post on it, use it as a feed for news and football updates only.

Whatapps - Is that social media?, only use this as a free messenger service

Facebook - use this find it useful for keeping up with friends and family that are a distance away, and laugh at Bampots.

Probably use P&B the most for reading about football and nonsense .

Whatsapp is just a free app for texting, it allows you to message and send pictures etc just like via conventional phone texts but without the cost. I fail to see what is difficult to understand about that.

If someone has never seen or used an app named "whatsapp" then I don't think a messaging service would be what they expect. HTH.

Archived