The Great Big Hamilton & Hearts Fraud Thread

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We are/were (until this happened) one of Scotland’s debt free clubs, and we’ve raked in some decent cash in transfers. I’m not surprised we had an amount like that saved tbh, just shocked it was lifted.

Makes we wonder why you bothered. How much did we get for McCarthy and MacArthur? £1m. No. Wait.

Joking aside it is a shame to see this happen to Hamilton. Many don't like them but I don't subscribe to those views.

They're a good club, proving their doubters wrong, playing good football at times and do a lot within their community for people most folk wouldn't give the time of day to.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We are/were (until this happened) one of Scotland’s debt free clubs, and we’ve raked in some decent cash in transfers. I’m not surprised we had an amount like that saved tbh, just shocked it was lifted.

Good point about the transfer fees although I would have thought that cash would have been slowly swallowed up over the last few years. Said it elsewhere but hope that Accies get out of the current mess & continue to plod along in the Premiership for many years to come as I love the seethe they generate for daring to have next to no fans while putting a team on the park that contrives to keep them up.

Am I alone in thinking that it's a good idea to have decent cash reserves in the bank? I mean for a football club obviously.

It's just good sense in case something happens, such as relegation, injury crisis, collapse of TV deal (it's happened before: see Setanta), other sponsorship ending etc.

6 hours ago, andrewh said:

Makes we wonder why you bothered. How much did we get for McCarthy and MacArthur? £1m. No. Wait.

Joking aside it is a shame to see this happen to Hamilton. Many don't like them but I don't subscribe to those views.

They're a good club, proving their doubters wrong, playing good football at times and do a lot within their community for people most folk wouldn't give the time of day to.

Are you fùcking mental or something?

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Am I alone in thinking that it's a good idea to have decent cash reserves in the bank? I mean for a football club obviously.

It's just good sense in case something happens, such as relegation, injury crisis, collapse of TV deal (it's happened before: see Setanta), other sponsorship ending etc.

No, that's common sense.

Having it in what appears to be a current account with a sh1te interest rate and easy access isn't common sense though!

On 16/10/2017 at 16:47, Mark Connolly said:

I thought our performances in the play-off made it quite clear we don't want it.

I thought yer teams performances in the play-off , made it quite clear yet teams mince and are gonna be in the championship for a few years yet.

5 hours ago, Mon Dieu said:

' Hibernia football needs a weak Hamilton Academical '

Hibernian FC definitely require a weakHamilton Academical, as that would seem to be their only chance of beating us at their own ground.  2-0, 3-1   on our two most recent visits to Leith, Rich clubs like Hibernian should be ashamed us minnows hump you with seeming regularity.

eta: I don't expect any other line from a hibee still  bitter about our play off win ,  the satisfaction I glean from knowing the majority of fans and pundits in Scotland sink to their knees in despair when we retain our SPL status could only be topped if we miraculously won the league.

28 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Hibernian FC definitely require a weakHamilton Academical, as that would seem to be their only chance of beating us at their own ground.  2-0, 3-1   on our two most recent visits to Leith, Rich clubs like Hibernian should be ashamed us minnows hump you with seeming regularity.

eta: I don't expect any other line from a hibee still  bitter about our play off win ,  the satisfaction I glean from knowing the majority of fans and pundits in Scotland sink to their knees in despair when we retain our SPL status could only be topped if we miraculously won the league.

What a bite :lol:

8 hours ago, happyaccie said:

XiHTOqU.jpg

Archived