The Great Big Hamilton & Hearts Fraud Thread

I’m on Twitter and seeing references to Frankie Donaldson/Accies.

The name rang a bell with me as I know an ex-Raith player from the early 2000s who told me some very interesting stories about the same person when he was involved there. Nothing dodgy right enough just a few crazy tales.

On further googling it would appear he is a very active gangster.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are Hamilton and Hearts going to be the only two teams who have been done over? 

Tip of the iceberg I reckon.

Not everyone will follow, if your daft enough to jump off the top of the new Tynie stand you know.....

Pished mate? Skol is lethal on an empty head.    

Ok, for the simpletons amongst us, like yourself, I was using an analogy....    

What im saying is because Hearts fell for a scam or left a door open to fraud, doesn't mean other clubs were daft enough to do likewise, nor if they had, sweep it under the carpet till yesterday.

Oh and it's Stella for me mate..... Skol is for pussies from Gorgie [emoji108]

10 hours ago, locheedee said:

Any Aberdonians heard anything - they must've been targeted given they've been talking up the money they've got squirreled away for their stadium?

Even Nigerian princes know better than to waste time trying to get money out of an Aberdonian

I noticed in the story on the bbc that it mentions Annan getting stung earlier in the year too...

"The SPFL warned clubs in August to guard against online fraud, after Annan failed to receive an £18,000 payment from the league at the end of last season.

The funds had been paid into a fraudulent account and police launched an investigation after the money was retrieved"

The bit that sticks out to me is that it was the SPFL that paid Annan's money to a fraudulent account so how was it deemed Annan's fault?

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m on Twitter and seeing references to Frankie Donaldson/Accies.

The name rang a bell with me as I know an ex-Raith player from the early 2000s who told me some very interesting stories about the same person when he was involved there. Nothing dodgy right enough just a few crazy tales.

On further googling it would appear he is a very active gangster.

He wasn,t directly involved at the Rovers but rumoured to be indirectly as he was friends/ related to those from Glasgow that took over at the club

Was led to believe hes currently banged up,however that doesn,t stop him being active I suppose

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

I noticed in the story on the bbc that it mentions Annan getting stung earlier in the year too...

"The SPFL warned clubs in August to guard against online fraud, after Annan failed to receive an £18,000 payment from the league at the end of last season.

The funds had been paid into a fraudulent account and police launched an investigation after the money was retrieved"

The bit that sticks out to me is that it was the SPFL that paid Annan's money to a fraudulent account so how was it deemed Annan's fault?

I don't think that story is blaming Annan at all, just warning clubs to be aware, or BE A WEAR if you like.

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I don't think that story is blaming Annan at all, just warning clubs to be aware, or BE A WEAR if you like.

Yeah re-reading it its not really saying its Annan's fault but its not saying "the SPFL warned clubs after it was stupid enough to make an 18k payment into a fake account".

The club affected might have been Annan but all they did was wonder why their bank account was awfy light as far as I can tell...

Indeed.

I presume the clubs will give bank details to the SPFL, who then dutifully and automatically transfer money in and out as required. I guess someone in the Annan case hacked in and changed the bank details, the cheeky wee scamps.

Its the fans of Hamilton you feel sorry for in all this .They like all football fans put their hard earned money in every week .Have always been made welcome having a drink in the social club in the main stand .Is that still on the go or have things changed in recent times ?

£80,000 small change. We'll make three or four times from the Rangers fans at  Murrayfield. [emoji5]
Anne's no daft. 

Perhaps it's said Rangers not stumping up to both clubs after being handed the tickets to sell. South African IP address you say inspector..........

Archived