Peter Leonard Cumnock Manager

WhoAteAllTheDepays

Thought Nock had the makings of a good side when I seen them last season . Few bad results & always seem to press the panic button

That’s what’s wrong with the place, too busy worrying about what other teams around us are doing instead of just concentrating on our own house

Leonard did well at clubs where there was very little pressure to get results , where 3 defeats was not a crisis. Cumnock committee are notoriously trigger happy ,  trying to keep up with the neighbours takes its toll. Fear for Girvan now , attracting a top manager could be difficult. Ross Wilson might be an option done well at Kello with limited resources might be better fit there than Medda.

Leonard did well at clubs where there was very little pressure to get results , where 3 defeats was not a crisis. Cumnock committee are notoriously trigger happy ,  trying to keep up with the neighbours takes its toll. Fear for Girvan now , attracting a top manager could be difficult. Ross Wilson might be an option done well at Kello with limited resources might be better fit there than Medda.

2 managers sacked in the last 7-8 years so that makes them trigger happy??? How many managers have kilbirne had in that space of time???

Anybody any idea of the backroom team Peter will be bringing?

Peter's had Chris Flanagan as his number 2 for years at Maybole & Girvan, and recently Gerry Phillips involved as well, I'd be surprised if the whole team weren't moving together. Work great together.

Good luck to them, 3 great guys.

2 managers sacked in the last 7-8 years so that makes them trigger happy??? How many managers have kilbirne had in that space of time???

Aye FOTJ and Clash City Rocker have got to be kidding with those posts considering how many managers they’ve went through.

Really like peters approach and style of play from what I’ve seen, nice guy into the bargain! Best of luck mate :thumsup2 

Think the other poster touched on it, will be a big loss for Girvan so will have some sorting to do I imagine in the meanwhile. They’ve got a great ground and committee, also a very impressive free season ticket campaign  for weans within the community, The entry cards look like something arsenal or that would have.  Will be a great opportunity and will no doubt get some decent interest. 

I found Peter to be one of the best I came across, not only as a manager but also as as I person, few years back took my side to Ladywell for a league game, Peter came away from Maybole’s warm up to spend 5 mins to encourage my 10 year old son to do 20 keepy uppies, ran Maybole close that game, losing 2-1, a respectful result for my club in question, rather than dwell how close we pushed them all I could think about on the drive home was Peter taking time out to spend 5 mins with my son, Ps, Maybole went up that season

Archived