Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

Further congratulations due to the SFA for denying those of us without satellite tv the chance to see our national team in action. Not even highlights available later on. The decision to hire McKay as team manager fits right in with their contempt for fans in this country. Overcharge at the gate and failing that, pay extra for a tv subscription. Meanwhile those in charge of yet another failed qualification campaign have carte blanche to continue with their nose thumbing.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Further congratulations due to the SFA for denying those of us without satellite tv the chance to see our national team in action. Not even highlights available later on. The decision to hire McKay as team manager fits right in with their contempt for fans in this country. Overcharge at the gate and failing that, pay extra for a tv subscription. Meanwhile those in charge of yet another failed qualification campaign have carte blanche to continue with their nose thumbing.

I don’t think it’ll EVER get boring when people moan about Scotland games being on Sky. Never at all...

17 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

It's happened!  You managed to post without mentioning England!

I'm proud of you Blutes!

EDIT: But still, you managed to put forward a tedious point.  If you really want to blame someone, blame the television networks who either didn't bid enough to get them away from Sky, or didn't bother at all.  UEFA sell the rights, nothing to do with the SFA.

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'm proud of you Blutes!

EDIT: But still, you managed to put forward a tedious point.  If you really want to blame someone, blame the television networks who either didn't bid enough to get them away from Sky, or didn't bother at all.  UEFA sell the rights, nothing to do with the SFA.

Not for a home friendly, they don't. SFA sell them along with Scottish Cup rights.

Although there will be less (none?) friendlies after the Nations League starts.

4 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Not for a home friendly, they don't. SFA sell them along with Scottish Cup rights.

My mistake, I didn't realise the friendlies were sold differently.  Probably another reason why the Nations League is starting so UEFA can do that.

Still, I'm not really sure the SFA should be thinking altruistically for such a nothing game.  And there's no saying that BBC/STV or anyone was interested in buying it.  If they weren't, then the SFA will pick the only bidder.  If both bid, they are always going to pick the higher bidder.  Does anyone really expect them to accept less just so the "aye but cooncil telly" brigade can watch it?

So how do you propose the SFA make terrestrial TV companies bid more than sky or bt sport?

RTE show all the Ireland games. Despite GAA and even rugby now being more or equally important. Explain why our national broadcaster (we really only have 1 sport) can't show them?

It’s very simple, they don’t bid enough for it. Presumably due to the fact they’re not that bothered about covering it.

It’s very simple, they don’t bid enough for it. Presumably due to the fact they’re not that bothered about covering it.

It's our national sport by a country mile. Short changed yet again by our state emm I mean public broadcaster. Not to worry, we will all just sit back and accept it. *sigh*

Ireland, in keeping with a number of other European countries, have laws which force national associations to make the TV rights for international qualifiers (and sometimes friendlies) available on free-to-air television.  The UK does not have such a rule - here it only extends to World Cup and European Championship finals matches.

51 minutes ago, dogmc said:

S4c showed the welsh wcq games live at same time as sky? Do we think they can spend same as sky??

They will have received a special exemption to show them in Welsh language.  Perhaps BBC Alba could do the same and broadcast in Gaelic.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I'm proud of you Blutes!

Yes ,its so tedious that quite a few have agreed with me.  I presume in your capitalist view that rights to show games must go to whoever bids the most money ? As has been shown, its the SFA who decide which company show tonights game, and they have decided the majority of the country wont see it.

Incidentally, you are the one obsessed with England, I just don't want any of their players in my national team thank you very much. At least their FA allow their fans to watch the national team, good on them.

They will have received a special exemption to show them in Welsh language.  Perhaps BBC Alba could do the same and broadcast in Gaelic.

Yep no reason it can't be done. Just needs the national association n broadcaster to give a modicum of consideration to fans.

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

S4c showed the welsh wcq games live at same time as sky? Do we think they can spend same as sky??

They don't. I think there is a requirement for Wales games (in rugby and football) to be available with a Welsh commentary. S4C don't provide an English subtitle or dubbing service, because that would impinge on Sky's rights to the English language coverage.

I suppose something similar could be done with Gaelic and BBC Alba. You would still get folk whining about that, of course.

24 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Ryan Jack at right back? Fucking hell. Shouldn't even be anywhere near the squad.

Don't worry he'll get himself sent off before 10 minutes are up.

They don't. I think there is a requirement for Wales games (in rugby and football) to be available with a Welsh commentary. S4C don't provide an English subtitle or dubbing service, because that would impinge on Sky's rights to the English language coverage.
I suppose something similar could be done with Gaelic and BBC Alba. You would still get folk whining about that, of course.

I'd like to have that option.... Ffs worst comes to worst mute TV n stick radio on. Poor that no one from SFA or BBC has explored the Gaelic language option

Just now, dogmc said:

I'd like to have that option.... Ffs worst comes to worst mute TV n stick radio on. Poor that no one from SFA or BBC has explored the Gaelic language option

I'd do this all the time but telly is always 5 seconds or so behind radio 

Archived