Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

637d46742cb271807c155d2c47c77352.jpg

Even when they call up Shinnie they still don’t know what one to call up.

Clearly utmost in the manager's plans. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've called up the wrong Shinnie. 

Crikey. I guess we have to move on and start trying new players but I’m not sure Hanlon, Jack and McLean would be high up the list.

14 domestic players in the squad. Must be a long time since we saw that.

34 minutes ago, Paco said:

Crikey. I guess we have to move on and start trying new players but I’m not sure Hanlon, Jack and McLean would be high up the list.

14 domestic players in the squad. Must be a long time since we saw that.

Mackay's doing it to appease the fans.  If that's the kind of squad he'll routinely pick if he's the full time manager, we're in deep, deep trouble.

Some of the players omitted beggar belief.  No Martin, no Ritchie, no Morrison, no Anya.  Drops McGregor - Hull's first choice - and brings in Marshall, Hull's reserve.  Hanlon has come from nowhere, but it's a centre half, so you do what you need to do there.  Ryan Jack isn't even the best midfielder at Rangers.  McLean and Shinnie mere patsies to generate a crowd of more than 10,000.  That's a B squad, essentially.   

Malky Mackay is doing untold damage already, unless he's naming a deliberately weakened squad.  If that's the case, he should inform the fans.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Mackay's doing it to appease the fans.  If that's the kind of squad he'll routinely pick if he's the full time manager, we're in deep, deep trouble.

Some of the players omitted beggar belief.  No Martin, no Ritchie, no Morrison, no Anya.  Drops McGregor - Hull's first choice - and brings in Marshall, Hull's reserve.  Hanlon has come from nowhere, but it's a centre half, so you do what you need to do there.  Ryan Jack isn't even the best midfielder at Rangers.  McLean and Shinnie mere patsies to generate a crowd of more than 10,000.  That's a B squad, essentially.   

Malky Mackay is doing untold damage already, unless he's naming a deliberately weakened squad.  If that's the case, he should inform the fans.

Pretty much spot on, can't really add much.  I hadn't even noticed Martin was missing, such was the now normal "oh, it's Griffiths and Martin" again stuff we were used to.  

Wonder if there's a few players rather pissed off this morning.  Strachan sticks with Martin through him having a hard time, then once he actually starts to look confident and important to us, big Malks comes in and pisses over it.  I don't care what he's done personally, I'm only concerned with what he brings to the role as a manager.  He's not started particularly well.

27 minutes ago, forameus said:

Pretty much spot on, can't really add much.  I hadn't even noticed Martin was missing, such was the now normal "oh, it's Griffiths and Martin" again stuff we were used to.  

Wonder if there's a few players rather pissed off this morning.  Strachan sticks with Martin through him having a hard time, then once he actually starts to look confident and important to us, big Malks comes in and pisses over it.  I don't care what he's done personally, I'm only concerned with what he brings to the role as a manager.  He's not started particularly well.

It all comes down to whether he feels that's the best available squad, or if he's left particular players out for the benefit of their clubs.  If it's the latter, that's fine by me.  If it's the former, he's plainly out of his depth and needs to be impeached or something.

I actually don't mind the squad. Players like Martin, Ritchie, Morrison and Anya won't be around for the National team too much longer you wouldn't think, I'm fine with bringing in some younger guys who we are looking to have in future squads. There are a couple that I wouldn't have gone with and a couple I would have instead but I don't think it's a terrible squad. It's a nothing game and Holland are fairly shite these days, bleed the young guys in.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I actually don't mind the squad. Players like Martin, Ritchie, Morrison and Anya won't be around for the National team too much longer you wouldn't think, I'm fine with bringing in some younger guys who we are looking to have in future squads. There are a couple that I wouldn't have gone with and a couple I would have instead but I don't think it's a terrible squad. It's a nothing game and Holland are fairly shite these days, bleed the young guys in.

At the risk of bringing up that painfully unfunny Talksport thing about Antti Niemi, Matt Ritchie's only 28.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

At the risk of bringing up that painfully unfunny Talksport thing about Antti Niemi, Matt Ritchie's only 28.

Fair point, I would argue that we know what Ritchie is capable of at that level though. I don't see any great harm in throwing some guys in who haven't experienced it for this match. I do agree that if this was the squad he was planning on going with for qualifiers we'd be in trouble.

It’s clearly a bit of a ‘B’ squad to try some payers out and so forth. I doubt a ‘real’ squad would look much like that at all. As said there’s one of two there I’d have swapped in/out to have a look at. Wonder how many will pull out of this squad, Brown and Armstrong top contenders to pick up a wee strain.

Archived