Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

Considering he doesn't get near the U-21 squad, it's pretty unlikely that he'll be fast tracked to the seniors.

Gemmil has wanted him in the U21 squad but he's held off saying he needs to make his mind up before fully committing.

Tbh we should do it, Wales have done it with quite a few half and half kids now that could've played for themselves or England.

Nothing to lose. Guy started for United in the last game of last season to, somehow managed to miss this. 6 foot 4 central mid. f**k aye.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure of the full line up i want but picked a team minus a few positions where i dunno

GK

Tiernay. CB. CB Robertson

2 out of the following 3

Shinnie/cairney/mcginn

Burke. Armstrong. Fraser

The thumb

Liam Cooper should be starting this one if he's available, so we can have a look at him against decent opponents.

Guys like Cairney, Macgregor, Mcginn and Fraser should also be given a chance to show what they can do.

If Scott Brown is still humming and hawin about carrying on post Strachan then he should be nowhere near the squad. If he's committed to the cause then of course get him on the park. Given the **** schedule though I'd imagine this is one he'll be missing out on either way. 

9 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Danny Fox (remember him?) has supposedly been excellent for Nottingham Forest since changing his position to centre half earlier this year.

Hope we don't go down that route. We have more than enough 30+ y/o players already. 

For the Dutch game I would like to see us find a balance in our squad that looks to the future but without making wholesale changes. Say what you want about Strachan but our form was excellent in the second part of the campaign and we don't want to go back to square one. I want to see the following players being involved at some point 

Lindsay

Kingsley

McGregor

Ryan Fraser

Ryan Christie 

Mctominay 

Barry Douglas is surely due a call up, still only 28, been playing left back for a Wolves side on fire in the Championship. Would have been capped by now if he hadn't spent the last 5 years or so abroad IMO. Know he would be playing same position as Tierney and Robertson, but he's not getting the game time at the moment. An experienced left back who can defend as well as attack , Malky might be having a look at him, QP connection all that.

5 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Barry Douglas is surely due a call up, still only 28, been playing left back for a Wolves side on fire in the Championship. Would have been capped by now if he hadn't spent the last 5 years or so abroad IMO. Know he would be playing same position as Tierney and Robertson, but he's not getting the game time at the moment. An experienced left back who can defend as well as attack , Malky might be having a look at him, QP connection all that.

We would gain absolutely nothing from calling him up.  We have 3 left-backs who are better than him, and all of them are substantially younger.

I think your still drunk from last night (well done by the way) I don't agree we have 3 better left backs defensively. IMO Tierney and Robertson have more going forward but are still learning the art of defending. We need to stop leaking silly goals so I don't think our left backs bombing forward all the time is sensible.

I think your still drunk from last night (well done by the way) I don't agree we have 3 better left backs defensively. IMO Tierney and Robertson have more going forward but are still learning the art of defending. We need to stop leaking silly goals so I don't think our left backs bombing forward all the time is sensible.

That’s plenty.

On 10/19/2017 at 21:44, Aufc said:

Not sure of the full line up i want but picked a team minus a few positions where i dunno

GK

Tiernay. CB. CB Robertson

2 out of the following 3

Shinnie/cairney/mcginn

Burke. Armstrong. Fraser

The thumb

CB and CB are going to haunt Scotland for a long time.   That central midfield though... yikes.
ETA: Burke's played 28 minutes of football for West Brom and is out for the next while with an injury, while Fraser is riding the bench for Bournemouth.  

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We would gain absolutely nothing from calling him up.  We have 3 left-backs who are better than him, and all of them are substantially younger.

We also have Lee Wallace, who is better than him.

Shows how much you guys know. Barry won the Polish title with Lech Poznan, a higher level than our own Premier League. Really, not better than Lee Wallace, your having a laugh. Ignoring Wallace, both Robertson and Tierney are very inexperienced and have a lot to learn defensively.

Shows how much you guys know. Barry won the Polish title with Lech Poznan, a higher level than our own Premier League. Really, not better than Lee Wallace, your having a laugh. Ignoring Wallace, both Robertson and Tierney are very inexperienced and have a lot to learn defensively.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I would try a line up along these lines

Archer

Tierney

Lindsay

Cooper

Robertson

Fleck

Mcginn

Armstrong

Fraser

McGregor

Griffiths

With Cairney, Shinnie and Souttar coming on at half time. Maybe have May and Cummings in the squad too to see what they can do.

ETA.. I would also maybe consider calling up Scott McTominay at Man Utd to get him in and around the squad. We've done this before with youngsters just to give them a bit of a taste of it.

Aye nae bother Barry

Archived