Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Too idealistic. If Browns missing we don't really seem to have anyone else like him which is why he's so important, that's the main thing he brings to the team, his character.

If he didn't have that attitude or it was based purely on footballing ability he probably wouldn't play.

ETA: Kieran Tierney for me will be able to follow in his footsteps soon though I think. Looks cut out for it.

Yeah I'd go with Tierney - he has buckets of energy and leads by example now, at 20 years old. He's also not shy of a crunching tackle and doesn't seem phased by reputation. He doesn't seem to have Brown's arsehole-ishness, which might be a deficiency, but all-in-all he's got the makings of an international captain.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just slap Scott McKenna or Lindsay in early, what's to lose but everything to gain if they continues their progression sort of like Wales have been doing with their young players, even if that was an act of desperation.

Aye, Scott McKenna who couldn't get into Ayrs side last season but has had two good games for Aberdeen, he should definitely jump to the front of the queue. Hallmarks of a top class centre half that.

Am I the only one who thinks Tierney is hugely over rated, he has been absolutely raped in 2 of his last 3 champs league games and was rank rotten in Slovenia. 

He is a decent player, but for me nothing more. It's hardly difficult looking good in a celtic team dominating in scotland,  Scott sincl air being prime example was shite in the championship and looks amazing in scotland but he's nothing more than decent

Am I the only one who thinks Tierney is hugely over rated, he has been absolutely raped in 2 of his last 3 champs league games and was rank rotten in Slovenia. 
He is a decent player, but for me nothing more. It's hardly difficult looking good in a celtic team dominating in scotland,  Scott sincl air being prime example was shite in the championship and looks amazing in scotland but he's nothing more than decent

You mean he's had a hard time against Muller/Neymar/Robben and Mbappe when playing in a vastly inferior side that was on the back foot for 90 minutes? No way.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Scott Sinclair hasn't played in the Championship since the 10/11 season. He scored 27 goals. 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You mean he's had a hard time against Muller/Neymar/Robben and Mbappe when playing in a vastly inferior side that was on the back foot for 90 minutes? No way.

Granted these are great players, but is he not supposed to be quality going by the way everyone bigs him up. Everytime he's up against a great player he's rinsed that says to me he's over rated. He has not snuffed 1 quality opponent out the game they have destroyed him so I just don't see the he's amazing patter. I would love to be wrong but the facts so far say otherwise. Even for scotland against the bigger teams he's been found wanting hes ok against the shite.

1 minute ago, SpoonTon said:

Scott Sinclair hasn't played in the Championship since the 10/11 season. He scored 27 goals. 

Was he not in championship with villa,  if not then his last few seasons down there. He's hardly what you call a superstar but looks 1 up here was just using him as example for my post.

8 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Just had a look at his Wikipedia he scored 28 goals for swansea in 82 games during his spell there. So by your 27 goals he only got 1 in the prem.....pish

He scored 28 league goals in 82 games, but scored 36 overall.  During his season with Swansea in the Championship, he scored 27 goals in all competitions.  During his season plus one game with Swansea in the Premier League he scored 9 goals in all competitions.

6 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Just had a look at his Wikipedia he scored 28 goals for swansea in 82 games during his spell there. So by your 27 goals he only got 1 in the prem.....pish

19 in the normal league season, 5 in cups, and a hat-trick in the playoff final. 

He scored 8 in the PL the following season, and 1 at the start of the next season before his move to Man City. It's fair to say he mostly struggled in the PL after that point. 

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

I am shocked to see oor kenny piss all over any sort of positivity that we've managed to muster together in here.

How do you get through a day without killing yourself?

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I am shocked to see oor kenny piss all over any sort of positivity that we've managed to muster together in here.

How do you get through a day without killing yourself?

How am I pissing over positivity,  this a forum where we discuss shite. Rather than try to be the keyboard hard man why do you contribute and debate. It's only my opinion and hope to be proved wrong but I, m just not on the bandwagon with this 1 it is allowed. 

Just now, kenny131 said:

How am I pissing over positivity,  this a forum where we discuss shite. Rather than try to be the keyboard hard man why do you contribute and debate. It's only my opinion and hope to be proved wrong but I, m just not on the bandwagon with this 1 it is allowed. 

All of your opinions are the same - everything is shite. I simply asked how you get through a day seeing such negativity in absolutely everything you look at, if that makes me a "keyboard hard man" then fair enough.

Even here, you're trying to play down Tierney for being beaten by some of the best players in the world. Can you not at least see the positive that a 20 year-old Scot who is playing first team football week in week out is also challenging himself against the best in the world? Why do you see that as a negative?  Why must you constantly downplay the level of football he's at?  Even with Ryan Gauld you were one who kept saying "he should have made it by now" or the like. Just fucking let the boys play and see where it takes them and try not to piss all over everything with your dull outlook on life.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All of your opinions are the same - everything is shite. I simply asked how you get through a day seeing such negativity in absolutely everything you look at, if that makes me a "keyboard hard man" then fair enough.

Even here, you're trying to play down Tierney for being beaten by some of the best players in the world. Can you not at least see the positive that a 20 year-old Scot who is playing first team football week in week out is also challenging himself against the best in the world? Why do you see that as a negative?  Why must you constantly downplay the level of football he's at?  Even with Ryan Gauld you were one who kept saying "he should have made it by now" or the like. Just fucking let the boys play and see where it takes them and try not to piss all over everything with your dull outlook on life.

Cheer up ffs it's forum not everyone is all roses and petals. How do you get through a day in scotland without getting lynched for being so positive.

2 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

McTominay might in senior squad next month because he was well with Man Utd sub on help won 1-0 face Benfica 

Considering he doesn't get near the U-21 squad, it's pretty unlikely that he'll be fast tracked to the seniors.

Archived