Scotland v Netherlands squad/lineup

Chimter-boys

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Chimter-boys said:

Graham Dorrans in line for a call up?

Hope not.  Would be utterly pointless.  He's a 30 year old who was barely good enough at his peak and now has several younger more talented players in his position.

That would be Championship team of the year.
Charlie Adam was in it that year.
Ross McCormack and Craig Bryson have been in it more recently.

Both highly thought of individuals. Especially Bryson who's technical ability and experience could bring on some of our talents like Charlie Telfer etc

Scotland look new trio keeper, right full back, four centre back and two midfielder

Keeper:

Ruddy (Wolves)

Gunn (Norwich)

Fulton (Hamilton)

Defender

Souttar (Hearts)

Cooper (Leeds)

Lindsay (Barnsley)

McKenna (Aberdeen)

Smith (Hearts)

Ralston (Celtic)

Tierney (Celtic)

Robertson (Liverpool)

Midfielder 

McGregor (Celtic)

McGinn (Hibs)

Armstrong (Celtic)

Cairney (Fulham)

Fleck (Sheff Utd)

Paterson (Bristol City)

Fraser (Bournemouth)

Phillips (WBA)

Morgan (St Mirren)

Morrison (WBA)

Striker

Burke (WBA)

Griffith (Celtic)

Murray (Hibs)

Martin (Derby County)

Line up face Netherland

Fulton

Ralston Lindsay McKenna Robertson

McGinn Fleck

McGregor Armstrong Morgan 

Griffith

Sub

Ruddy

Gunn

Souttar 

Cooper 

Smith 

Tierney 

Cairney 

Paterson 

Fraser 

Phillips 

Morrison

Murray 

Martin

16 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Line up face Netherland

Fulton

Ralston Lindsay McKenna Robertson

McGinn Fleck

McGregor Armstrong Morgan

Griffith

Big fan of this. We'll get a touching and there will be no way to justify Mackay getting the job full time.

If I was Scotland manager, I’d look to do the following: if Brown does retire, and Paterson comes on as he needs to at Cardiff, then I would like to see a team approaching the following: Marshall; Paterson, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson; Armstrong, McGinn; Forrest, McGregor, Fraser; Griffiths.

Young, high energy, attacking, positive and hungry.

I would want the likes of Cummings, Lindsay, Oli Burke, Souttar, Shinnie, Bridcutt, Christie,McLean, Jack etc round the squad, Matt Phillips and Chris Martin have plenty to offer as does Anya, McArthur and Snodgrass. Captaincy wise, Kieran Tierney or Liam Cooper.

If I was Scotland manager, I’d look to do the following: if Brown does retire, and Paterson comes on as he needs to at Cardiff, then I would like to see a team approaching the following: Marshall; Paterson, Cooper, Tierney, Robertson; Armstrong, McGinn; Forrest, McGregor, Fraser; Griffiths.

Young, high energy, attacking, positive and hungry.

I would want the likes of Cummings, Lindsay, Oli Burke, Souttar, Shinnie, Bridcutt, Christie,McLean, Jack etc round the squad, Matt Phillips and Chris Martin have plenty to offer as does Anya, McArthur and Snodgrass. Captaincy wise, Kieran Tierney or Liam Cooper.

Additionally would like to see Tom Cairney in and around the squad.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

I had a go at someone for wanting Scotland to lose the Slovenia game.

I feel fucking stupid at this point. Even more stupid that I really should have seen this situation coming. Oh well.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily stupid.  It was ridiculous to want us to lose the Slovenia game, but the Netherlands one is an absolute irrelevance.  The only thing that can really be affected by us losing is our World Ranking, which doesn't matter again until 2019 (maybe, whenever WC Qualifying gets drawn again).  The game essentially doesn't matter.

So, if a defeat means that they realise they've put someone not qualified (leaving aside anything personal) in charge, then great.  I'm not going to go out to actively celebrate us getting beat, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to watch or listen to it.  It's an absolute irrelevance. 

Archived