Friendly Next Month

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That the SFA have put that sexist racist poltroon in charge of the national team, even if  only for one game, says it all about the complete and utter cretins that are in charge at the SFA.

It does. I’m only happy he’s Performance Director and he does sweet Fanny Adams for a living - there’s very little damage he can do. Now he can, for one night only, thoroughly embarrass the entire country.

God forbid Scotland actually wins.

Image result for spiderman laughing gif

My only hope is that the interim manager is very literal, and that there is no plan to even countenance letting him carry on after that.  It would make sense from the SFA's point of view - they presumably think Mackay is the right guy to fill the performance director role, so why muddy the waters with this?  One game, we'll presumably get roundly ridden, then we can look for the actual target.

Once hopefully Moyes, Lambert and others have all gone to try and find Atlantis or something.

Great News...about time we got a Scotland game back up here and even better its against a decent side for a change!

As for McKay its not really a surprise, why would they take someone in for 1 game? Makes sense although I do not want him in charge plus I assume the 21s have games otherwise they may have asked Gemmill?

My only hope is that we use this game to look at different options and players. CBFA with the same old failed faces, time to look to the future.

As for any Aberdeen Players I hope if any are called up it on merit and nothing else.

Fucking ridiculous. There is ZERO appetitive to watch Scotland right now, let alone on a Thursday night against a guff Holland team. 
We have no idea what the next head coach will want his squad to actually look like, so why the hell are we playing this? What on earth is the point? 
Unless of course Malky is the next head coach, then I’d be pretty much finished with the national team. 

To give the new manager something to judge players on. I think it's a good idea. People moan when we don't play friendlies, can't win really

Part of me hopes no one shows up to the game. The other part of me hopes it sells out and 90 minutes of abuse in Mackay/the SFA's general direction, but tbh they'd see that as a success due to the crowd being there.

I never understood how people didn't seem to care much for the national team; as painful as it always is I love the international games. Failing to qualify was bad, hiring a sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic racist in any role was awful, making him the manager is something else.

5 minutes ago, troopio said:

Great News...about time we got a Scotland game back up here and even better its against a decent side for a change!

I thought it was fellow World Cup qualifying failures The Netherlands, great excitement if they have been dumped for a decent side.

Fucking ridiculous. There is ZERO appetitive to watch Scotland right now, let alone on a Thursday night against a guff Holland team. 
We have no idea what the next head coach will want his squad to actually look like, so why the hell are we playing this? What on earth is the point? 
Unless of course Malky is the next head coach, then I’d be pretty much finished with the national team. 

Speak for yourself. I'm delighted and surprised they've set this up. I like watching Scotland so I can't understand the desire to avoid games. Hope they tee up a second match too - maybe against some cannon fodder or a closely-ranked team.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

As has been pointed out in other threads, it seems likely that UEFA will lobby FIFA to use the Nations League rankings for the World Cup qualifying in the same way that it will do for the Euros.

I can see them lobbying to use NL as part of qualifying. I'd be surprised if they can ditch using world rankings for 'normal' qualifying seeding.

FIFA overruled them a few campaigns ago to insist Europe used ranking, not coefficient, and it's the ranking's main tangible "selling point".

5 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Speak for yourself. I'm delighted and surprised they've set this up. I like watching Scotland so I can't understand the desire to avoid games. Hope they tee up a second match too - maybe against some cannon fodder or a closely-ranked team.

Agreed, although the McKay thing understandably colours it for some people.

Pittodrie also reflective of falling ticket demand? Such opponents would've been nailed-on for Hampden before.

On 10/14/2017 at 02:59, HibeeJibee said:

Agreed, although the McKay thing understandably colours it for some people.

Pittodrie also reflective of falling ticket demand? Such opponents would've been nailed-on for Hampden before.

Not you as well.

People bemoaning the lack of friendlies in recent years. Home friendly arranged against the dutch, people still moaning. What a fickle nation we are.

I don't get the moaning at all. At the very least it's a chance for young players to impress. There's no down side

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:05, TheGoon said:

For those of us that go to as many Scotland games as possible, I'm delighted we get another opportunity to support our national team this year. We get so few opportunities to watch them these days, as the SFA rarely fill the friendly dates. Will be a good opportunity to get a few fresh faces in and see if they can cut it against a pretty good side (albeit another who failed to qualify) - still plenty talent in their team 

Archived