Friendly Next Month

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It's not that hard to play the rankings game.  Mackay seems utterly clueless, and I'm pretty sure he'll need somebody to explain it to him using some pretty pictures.

Not a stick I'd beat Mackay with - there doesn't appear to be anyone at the SFA that understands you probably need to play friendlies.

As I live in Aberdeen, this is pretty pleasing. I would take a friendly against the Hollish, to be fair. I would like FIFA and UEFA to have a moratorium on rankings as far as friendlies are concerned. It would encourage greater experimentation and the bringing through of youth. 

Anyway, I'm now pretty excited about a Scotland game at my local under our new Lord and saviour Sam Allardyce.

Happy to see Scotland in Aberdeen but would be very surprised if they arrange anything.

It 11 months before next competitive game,

We have no manager,

Can't see either of the teams mentioned (Holland or Wales) being interested as they in same boat competitive game wise, if not manager.

The focus in November will be on the playoff games and the WC draw on 01/12/17, and then the draw for the LoN in January for the games in Sept/Oct/Nov.

Think after the draws the international dates in March/April/May will see a couple of friendlies against WC teams needing games and teams looking at games against similar to who they get in the LoN draw.

I see a rest till 2018 coming on and then New Manager, friendlies and then New Competition.

Our World Ranking is likely going to be completely irrelevant now anyway with the introduction of the Nations League.

It continues to be used for drawing World Cup qualifying groups.

Fucking ridiculous. There is ZERO appetitive to watch Scotland right now, let alone on a Thursday night against a guff Holland team. 

We have no idea what the next head coach will want his squad to actually look like, so why the hell are we playing this? What on earth is the point? 

Unless of course Malky is the next head coach, then I’d be pretty much finished with the national team. 

22 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It continues to be used for drawing World Cup qualifying groups.

As has been pointed out in other threads, it seems likely that UEFA will lobby FIFA to use the Nations League rankings for the World Cup qualifying in the same way that it will do for the Euros.

Fucking ridiculous. There is ZERO appetitive to watch Scotland right now, let alone on a Thursday night against a guff Holland team. 
We have no idea what the next head coach will want his squad to actually look like, so why the hell are we playing this? What on earth is the point? 
Unless of course Malky is the next head coach, then I’d be pretty much finished with the national team. 

A guff Holland team which will stick five past Scotland.

Archived