Realistic foreign managers

Chimter-boys

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t believe Eck has the brass neck to even throw his name in the hat, and before WGS was dismissed today.

The man decided money was more important to him than his country when he choose to destroy his career managing the two large Brummy clubs.

Unforgivable in my book. Plus I think we need a younger more pragmatic coach. Michael O’Neill for me would be ideal with his production with massively limited resources everywhere he’s been.

McLeish can get tae...

Mcleish has been on what seems like every radio show recently pimping himself for any job going at all, but for some reason no one wants to touch him just now

Maybe my impression is wrong here, but I tend to think that there are some very good international managers who are able to do a good job with different national teams, but going for (throwing money at) a big foreign name (even if they have been a decent club manager) is often a bad idea. 

I wouldn't rule out looking at a foreign manager, but I wouldn't throw money at it. 

Just now, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

because N.Ireland to follow Martin O'Neill  and Michael O'Neill to ROI and NI manager (good job to qualifies play off  Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018)

I've got some distant Irish relatives. Should we appoint them? Why doesn't everyone appoint an Irish manager if it's a guarantee of instant success?

Don't be ridiculous man. Kenny Shiels was a complete laughing stock at Morton. That's why he's never been remotely given another shot at club management in this country. To suggest him for an international management position is utter lunacy.

41 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've got some distant Irish relatives. Should we appoint them? Why doesn't everyone appoint an Irish manager if it's a guarantee of instant success?

Don't be ridiculous man. Kenny Shiels was a complete laughing stock at Morton. That's why he's never been remotely given another shot at club management in this country. To suggest him for an international management position is utter lunacy.

Shiels like Michael O'Neill way call up Scottish Premiership  players

2 hours ago, Waspy said:

What's Jürgen Klinsmann up to?

As far as I'm aware nothing since getting sacked from the USA. Would take Klinsmann over any of the Scottish names being thrown about. 

20 hours ago, Rednyella said:

I can’t believe Eck has the brass neck to even throw his name in the hat, and before WGS was dismissed today.
The man decided money was more important to him than his country when he choose to destroy his career managing the two large Brummy clubs.
Unforgivable in my book. Plus I think we need a younger more pragmatic coach. Michael O’Neill for me would be ideal with his production with massively limited resources everywhere he’s been.

McLeish can get tae...

To be honest, disappointing as it was, I don't particularly blame McLeish for having taken a post which apparently saw his salary multiply by five times.

You're right though, that it requires a Hell of a brass neck after that, to make noises about how hard it is to resist when your country comes calling.  On that basis alone, he can piss off.

To be honest, disappointing as it was, I don't particularly blame McLeish for having taken a post which apparently saw his salary multiply by five times.
You're right though, that it requires a Hell of a brass neck after that, to make noises about how hard it is to resist when your country comes calling.  On that basis alone, he can piss off.

That's my take on it. Don't overly begrudge him taking the Birmingham job when it arrived but embarrassing to see him flashing his knickers at the SFA now that he's a managerial pariah

Archived