Realistic foreign managers

Chimter-boys

21 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Bit of a bargain. Wasn't WGS on £400k?

3514CCBF00000578-3632231-image-a-2_14654

If we want to attract a candidate capable of taking us to the next level we need to pay the going rate. I reckon if that graphic is anywhere near accurate we should be paying about 1 million to get anyone of note to consider the job.  I would also add on a decent bonus for qualification too.  

We need to show prespective candidates we are serious. The time for fucking about needs to stop. The SFA must know they are missing out on significant sums of money each time we fail to qualify. So why not spend a bit of extra cash on somebody that knows what they are doing?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart Baxter is just the right mix of English/Scottish and foreign. He's probably even got a stupid fucking ex-pat accent.

He'd fit the worldwide search that Regan was on about. He's non-threatening and as close to foreign as the SFA are comfortable with.

Baxter has commented on his identity, saying, "If I'm mentioned for a job in Scotland, they call me a Scot. If I'm mentioned for a job in England, they call me an Englishman. I call myself a European"

Make it happen.

If we want to attract a candidate capable of taking us to the next level we need to pay the going rate. I reckon if that graphic is anywhere near accurate we should be paying about 1 million to get anyone of note to consider the job.  I would also add on a decent bonus for qualification too.  
We need to show prespective candidates we are serious. The time for fucking about needs to stop. The SFA must know they are missing out on significant sums of money each time we fail to qualify. So why not spend a bit of extra cash on somebody that knows what they are doing?

The sfa dont care. They will appoint mckay. Its shite but we know what they are like, morally corrupt n totally lacking in any ambition.

In today's Sun there is a list of potential foreigners that Mr Regan could go for, some realistic, some laughable!!

The ones mentioned: Jurgen Klinsmann, ROY f***ing KEANE, Marc Wilmots, Louis van Gaal (ffs), Vladimir Weiss (the ex Slovakia manager) and Sam Allardyce.

I think its more or less touting guys that have experience in International management or in RK's case, assisting an International team.

I'd add Tata Martina or Laurent Blanc to the realistic options so discuss ;)?

I didn't want Allardyce as he's an absolutely odious individual who'd dump us the first time an EPL side slapped a five pound note into his greasy trotter. Imagine have a racist in charge of youth development and a fraudster willing to do anything for an extra ten quid in charge of the national team.

And it's been fun watching Scotland fail under successive managers? What baggage? The England situation? Remember he didn't actually break any rules. He wasn't sacked. He resigned.

Are you really suggesting the England thing isn't baggage?

Archived