Stirling vs LTHV

JakeSAFC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:22, JakeSAFC said:

on paper we should be beating them

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:26, rhliston said:

Agree on paper we should beat them, decent enough side from the East of Scotland League but we should have enough playing at home to beat them

Expect us to win by a couple of goals and march into the next round.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:19, JakeSAFC said:

fully expect the team top of League 2 to prevail.

17 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I still think this should be a comfortable afternoon.

Over the past few seasons, with a worse team, we have seen off Cumbernauld Colts and Wick Academy, who both play at a higher standard.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:28, HibeeJibee said:

They're a difficult team to judge as they boss most games in EOSL.

They have played 12 competitive matches this season, all wins, scoring 71 goals and conceding 12: i.e. their typical scoreline has been winning 6-1. As well as thrashing various EOSL teams they've won Scottish Cup ties against Kelty (East Junior champions) and Inverurie of HL, plus won an EOS Qualifying Cup tie at Gala of LL.

Their cup-tie record v HL and LL sides is formidable suggesting they'd be a top-end side if only they could get licensed and promoted. They beat Montrose away in the cup a few years ago and Berwick and Edinburgh City in the EOS Cup last season.

image.jpg

22 minutes ago, cement said:

Lothian worthy winners today. Our performances have been tailing off each week and our squad strength was exposed today. Laughably bad goals to lose.

Agree well done LHTV fully deserved to win today, this must be the most embarrassing defeat in the history of the Club. After going 1-0 up after 5 mins we simply did not compete and allowed LHTV to get the upper hand and the second goal for them says all about our defending today, simply shocking, a free kick into the box and one of their players running in unmarked to get a free header into the net. 

Wish LHTV all the best in the next round and for us if we defend like that next week at Cowdenbeath then we are going to lose again. 

On 11/10/2017 at 18:26, rhliston said:

Agree on paper we should beat them, decent enough side from the East of Scotland League but we should have enough playing at home to beat them without Callumn Morrison who Hearts may not want to be Cup Tied.

Expect us to win by a couple of goals and march into the next round.

Lottery numbers please.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Agree well done LHTV fully deserved to win today, this must be the most embarrassing defeat in the history of the Club. After going 1-0 up after 5 mins we simply did not compete and allowed LHTV to get the upper hand and the second goal for them says all about our defending today, simply shocking, a free kick into the box and one of their players running in unmarked to get a free header into the net. 

Wish LHTV all the best in the next round and for us if we defend like that next week at Cowdenbeath then we are going to lose again

You do remember we can't score:lol:

Utterly embarrassing today. LTHV deserved their victory, best of luck to them in the next round.

Mark Foden is so fucking shite, why Mackay continues to select that big useless c**t instead of of Binnie is beyond me.

33 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

LTHV had drawn old victims Montrose away in R3... however after a screw-up of monumental proportions they've now got a glamour tie against St Mirren at Saughton!

Saughton is the ideal place for the farts running ther SFA.

Dave Mackay and the players have taken a lot of praise since the turn of the year and, quite rightly, so far this season but I think they are due a bit of criticism after that.

The players let the manager down badly today and the supporters, only really Darren Smith impressed (Andrew Black in spells). However, Mackay's baffling persistence with Foden in goals was always going to end in disaster and today was that day, especially for their last goal. Surely, surely, surely this is the last we have seen of him in the starting line up. To think, this guy is actually paid by a Premiership club

However, today's defeat wasn't solely down to Foden. The back 4 were dire throughout. Scott Davidson looked like someone who had never played football before and was to blame for the first 2 goals. Steven Noble was horrendous defensively and showed why he is not the first pick Left Back. Ross McGeachie tried but struggled in the air and positionally, however with what was going on around about him, maybe he is worth the benefit of doubt as he was trying to do everything. Ewan McNeil just didn't want the ball and did nothing to exploit the space on the right hand side. It looked as though he was trying to play a Centre Half role. I'm not sure if that was intended or not, but I'm guessing the latter.

The Midfield all look to similar to me. I thought Andrew Black did well at breaking up play and at least showed a bit of fight and determination, but on the ball was poor. Liam Caddis did well on the ball but nothing defensively, however I was surprised to see he was chosen to be subbed. Sean Dickson looks like a player who hasn't played much football recently and struggled to make his mark on the game. As I mentioned above, I think playing him and Caddis together are far to similar and it should be one or the other. As a Midfield 3, none of them were picking up opposition players, the amount of times LTHV had 1,2 or 3 players free in Midfield was frightening.

Our front 3 were mixed as well. Darren Smith played well and seemed to be our only effective out ball. McLaughlan tried, but had little service. I sometimes felt he was trying too hard to impress, one to many flicks and turns ended up with the ball being lost and he always seemed to get onto the ball outside of the box, but maybe that was due to the lack of service. Kav also looked off his game and just didn't have the same 'get up and go' or energy that we have com to expect from him.

There was no urgency, no fight and it honestly looked like we lacked desire. As I mentioned, Defensively we were horrendous however there was no need for the the "Davidson your shite" shout near the tunnel area at Half Time, that achieves nothing and that supporter should hang his head in shame quite frankly.

All credit must go to LTHV, they kept it simple and remained organised throughout. Some of their goals were good. They noticed pretty quickly that our back 4 were suspect at cross balls so kept on doing it, fair play, they can hold their heads up high and look forward to playing St.Mirren in the next round.

For Mackay, after Clyde, Annan, Elgin and today, he must get back to the drawing board before the wheels come off Forfar style. Foden is not cut out to be a Goalkeeper at this level, actually, I'm yet to be convinced that Binnie is the answer, but must be brought in for the Cowdenbeath game and given another run at it, this has gone on to long. Davidson was again found wanting and looks a shadow of the player that broke through under McLaren, it goes back to the "why did we not sign another Centre Back" conundrum over the summer period. Midfield is also worrying, I really don't know who my preferred 3 would be in there, they all seem to have their on and off games and it's Russian roulette to find out which one it is.

Tonight hurts, it really hurts, but we can't lose focus of what we have achieved so far this season, my only concern is, is this a wobble or are the wheels going to come off, only the players can decide and every one of them needs to get the sleeves rolled up again and start fighting.

PS - Just out of interest, why have LTHV not applied/get the money to go into the LL?? They have it on the park, surely they should be doing everything they can to get in there and make a real go of it.

Archived