Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers - 1/4 Final Challenge Cup

WSDR 88

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You may well be correct. I just think Stevie will play him.

FWIW I'd drop Dowie in a heartbeat for a fit centre back Barr. Regardless of how he played last week. I really liked the look of the Barr and Hill combo at the start of the season.

So would I, but I can only see Dill being the fall-guy if Mango's to get back in.

Stevie's always had his favourites, guys who get in the team every week pretty much regardless. This season I'd say they are probably Dowie, Hutton and Walsh - and I reckon Carsy will come into that group too. That means the only 'gap' is at CB. Mango and Dill is our best CB pairing, but unfortunately I don't think we'll see it much.

I suspect he'll stick with an almost identical team to last week though. Given we kept a clean sheet and won he'd be justified in doing that too.

I think Dumbarton have a much better chance to win this. Our injury worries are deepening considering 3 players haven’t trained all week. I’d definitely play the kids today. That’s the problem with a small squad. Injuries will always curtail any type of advancement. It’ll be damage limitation

Hill will definitely start, played the full 90 on Saturday and has been one of our top performers so far. He's turning out to be a top signing despite the low expections when he arrived.

If Dowie is suspended then I'd imagine he'll start alongside Barr at centre half.

I always liked Hill, he was a blood and guts defender, and forever famous for strangling a Townie

I think Dumbarton have a much better chance to win this. Our injury worries are deepening considering 3 players haven’t trained all week. I’d definitely play the kids today. That’s the problem with a small squad. Injuries will always curtail any type of advancement. It’ll be damage limitation

We have 6 players out injured...

I'd expect 5 of the injured players to be starters and our 2 best/most effective players in Froxy and Nade are in that list. I don't remember us having such bad luck in terms of absentees.

Unfortunately we have zero creativity with the likes of Froxy and Handling out and have no out ball with the prince sidelined. We are currently running on fumes, Chris Johnston even managed a rare appearance last weekend.

I'd expect 5 of the injured players to be starters and our 2 best/most effective players in Froxy and Nade are in that list. I don't remember us having such bad luck in terms of absentees.

Unfortunately we have zero creativity with the likes of Froxy and Handling out and have no out ball with the prince sidelined. We are currently running on fumes, Chris Johnston even managed a rare appearance last weekend.

And we don't have a youth team to play.

This was always going to be a danger with our signing policy at the start of the season. We all knew we were signing guys with a history of injury problems and although we know they are gonna miss games we’ve all had our fingers crossed that they don’t all break down at the same time.

Dougie just doesn’t want to play the Rovers.

Stronger line-up for us than I’d have played, but four changes from last week. Watson, Berry, Davidson and Osei in. McHattie isn’t even on the bench - hopefully just a day off after his return from injury.

Big day for Yaw. Hope he does well.

Archived