The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's taken in what is now called Brodie's which used to be Shimla Pinks on Pollokshaws Road.  That's looking up towards Shawlands with Queens Park on the left.

Shimla Pinks is no more? FFS. 

It's taken in what is now called Brodie's which used to be Shimla Pinks on Pollokshaws Road.  That's looking up towards Shawlands with Queens Park on the left.

I thought it was near Dumbarton road somewhere. That was fun though!

1 hour ago, rodallegabombs said:

I’ve seen this heresy. I’m pretending that it doesn’t exist.

Of all the thousands of beers brewed around the world, what is the likelihood that Tennent's is the best?

Slim. 

Yes, I understand it's a "session" lager, but it's only a session lager cos you're in a pub that doesn't offer any better alternatives. 

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Of all the thousands of beers brewed around the world, what is the likelihood that Tennent's is the best?

Slim. 

Yes, I understand it's a "session" lager, but it's only a session lager cos you're in a pub that doesn't offer any better alternatives. 

1380806549954.jpg

Slim. 

My post was a bit tongue in cheek to maintain the policy of Tennent’s being great and everything else being shite.
However I do take a bit of issue with people in Scotland being so keen to pan our ‘national lager’. I agree with what you’ve said about it being a session lager but I don’t feel that it’s popular purely down to lack of choice.
A lot of the easily available mass volume brewed lagers are no better than Tennent’s.
Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Kronenbourg, SAN Miguel, Becks, Amstel, Heineken, Stella, Budweiser (yank), Miller; all of these are no better than Tennent’s yet folk will buy them purely because they’re foreign.

I’ll concede that Peroni is nice (personal opinion) but not streets ahead of T.

Some of the less commonly available German and Czech beers are superior but I do think T gets an unnecessary hard time from folk.

IMG_2002.jpg

After a tough day at the park with the kids, take my bird to a gentrified, soulless pub/restaurant in my glorious East End, and not a drop of Tennents to be seen. Currently waiting for the manager to respond to my complaint, but until then I’m having to put up with a pint of Heineken until we get this wrong put right.

IMG_2002.thumb.jpg.f5505b64d6d73f479c9209fff7ac6b5b.jpg

After a tough day at the park with the kids, take my bird to a gentrified, soulless pub/restaurant in my glorious East End, and not a drop of Tennents to be seen. Currently waiting for the manager to respond to my complaint, but until then I’m having to put up with a pint of Heineken until we get this wrong put right.

Nope! The post can stay but the photo has to go! That poor pale pint of pish pic simply doesn’t deserve to be on this thread.

Your broThers here feel your pain Adam, but we can also un-see that pish.

In the bin with it. Good lad.

IMG_2002.thumb.jpg.f5505b64d6d73f479c9209fff7ac6b5b.jpg

WhaT The f**k is ThaT?

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Hopefully Tennents. :D

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't think there was an alternative until the 80s and McEwans had a go at toppling them.

I can remember having to put up with pish like Skol, Carlsberg and even Harp.*

*Apologies for sullying the thread with the above names.