The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

12 minutes ago, philpy said:

Off to a BBQ tonight, had to pop to Lidl first though. It was actually cheaper to buy 2 packs of 4 - £3.52 each, whereas an 8 pack was £8.80.

Lidl stock 10 packs. I was there yesterday and purchased a 10 pack for £8.80. I assume you bought the 2x4 packs from Morrisons as they cost £4 in Lidl.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The ten minutes before your mates arrive in the pub when you're there first are some of the most important minutes of your life. A time for quiet, reflection and Tennents lager. 

PS f**k the Hibs 

DSC_0557.JPG

I’d hide from them and enjoy a quiet second pint. Nothing worse than walking into a pub, sitting down with your first T and some c**t comes across thinking he’s got something worth while to say to say to you

There's nothing quite like finding T in the most unexpected places. 

A few years ago I was heading to have a few drinks at a beach in Sydney and was tasked with getting the beers in for myself and my Scottish mate. Upon entering the walk-in fridge of the local offie, my eyes met the most wondrous of sights - a 24 pack of Tennent's 's. No-where else on the entire Australian continent had I seen such a thing and initially I thought it must have been a mirage. But no, it was the real thing and without hesitating I grabbed myself a case and made my way to the checkout. It cost the equivalent of £40 but was worth every last cent just to see my mate's face light up as I proudly, with chest puffed out, strolled across the beach with the sun glinting from those magnificent silver cans. 

Another strange occurrence was when, within seconds of arriving in the city of Dunedin in New Zealand, I spotted two Kiwi students sitting cross legged in between two parked cars at the side of the street, drinking the Amber nectar. They couldn't have been more helpful in pointing me to where I could indulge my viTamin requirements, even telling me of a nearby pub that sold it as well as rolls and haggis. 

Some say Tennent's doesn't travel well, but sometimes it's these beacons of lighT that keep me travelling. 

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

There's nothing quite like finding T in the most unexpected places. 

A few years ago I was heading to have a few drinks at a beach in Sydney and was tasked with getting the beers in for myself and my Scottish mate. Upon entering the walk-in fridge my eyes met the most wondrous of sites - a 24 pack of Tennent's 's. No-where on else on the entire Australian continent had I seen such a thing and initially I thought it must have been a mirage. But no, it was the real thing and without hesitating I grabbed myself a case and made my way to the checkout. It cost the equivalent of £40 but was worth every last cent just to see my mate's face light up as I proudly, with chest puffed out, strolled across the beach with the sun glinting from those magnificent silver cans. 

Another strange occurrence was when, within seconds of arriving in the city of Dunedin in New Zealand, I spotted two Kiwi students sitting cross legged in between two parked cards at the side of the street drinking the Amber nectar. They couldn't have been more helpful in pointing me to where I could indulge my viTamin requirements, even telling me of a nearby pub that sold it as well as rolls and Haggis. 

Some say Tennent's doesn't travel well, but somtimes it's these beacons of lighT that keep me travelling. 

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Another strange occurrence was when, within seconds of arriving in the city of Dunedin in New Zealand, I spotted two Kiwi students sitting cross legged in between two parked cards at the side of the street drinking the Amber nectar. They couldn't have been more helpful in pointing me to where I could indulge my viTamin requirements, even telling me of a nearby pub that sold it as well as rolls and Haggis. 

Some say Tennent's doesn't travel well, but somtimes it's these beacons of lighT that keep me travelling. 

If it was the Albar then I've had a pint and roll with lorne sausage there.  Haven't seen it on tap in South Australia for years but Dan Murphy's sell it for $86.90 a 24 can slab (GBP49.29) or $3.62 a can (GBP2.05) so a great saving of 2 cents if you buy 24 individual cans.  This is how it's described on Dan's web site:

Product details

Tennent''s lager is produced by carefully matching the finest German hops with 100% Scottish malted barley and the pure waters of Loch Katrine in the Scottish Highlands. It takes the time to produce a Lager this crisp, refreshing and beautifully balanced.

tenn.JPG

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The ten minutes before your mates arrive in the pub when you're there first are some of the most important minutes of your life. A time for quiet, reflection and Tennents lager. 

PS f**k the Hibs 

DSC_0557.JPG

I'd've preferred a full pint, but this pint has some great things going on. Condensation on the glass, a decent enough head that's remaining.  A coaster would've been nice but getting the T front and centre makes up for that. A worthy 8/10.

Hard day yesterday lads. Fosters from a plastic pint tumbler at the races was totally rancid. Dark fruits it is then... All day. Then emptied out to a wee social club round the corner and got a fucking exquisite pint of T in a proper glass.... Then they moved to plastic too. f**k this. Taxi into Edinburgh where I was furnished properly by the good people at the Conan Doyle, the Guildford Arms, and sone other place which I forget.

Also, fucking caned the bookies and essentially paid zero for my day.

Cheers

Hard day yesterday lads. Fosters from a plastic pint tumbler at the races was totally rancid. Dark fruits it is then... All day. Then emptied out to a wee social club round the corner and got a fucking exquisite pint of T in a proper glass.... Then they moved to plastic too. f**k this. Taxi into Edinburgh where I was furnished properly by the good people at the Conan Doyle, the Guildford Arms, and sone other place which I forget.

Also, fucking caned the bookies and essentially paid zero for my day.

Cheers
The wiremill social club per chance?? Good club. Anyway, some vitamin t at the meadows festival today.IMG_20180603_132800.jpg