The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

14 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Also got a taster of a pale ale, a stout and a whiskey beer.

The Whiskey beer is a c**t. Very sweet and easy to drink but f**k me does it have a kick to it. Drunk 4 or 5 of them in a boozer over here a while back and it gave me the worst hangover I have had in my life.

Just now, Ross. said:

The Whiskey beer is a c**t. Very sweet and easy to drink but f**k me does it have a kick to it. Drunk 4 or 5 of them in a boozer over here a while back and it gave me the worst hangover I have had in my life.

I can imagine, only had a small taster and that was enough for me. Don't even think I could drink a whole pint of it.

In a Mexican restaurant for work Christmas doo and was enjoying the Lager being Served, but was getting a wee bit flat towards the end, and was struggling to drink more beers.

Went to the howff next door, spotted the red T, and ended up having four wonderful pints of golden nectar. What a glorious lager!

23 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Was in the big spoons on George St (whatever the Edinburgh version of counting house is) and someone ordered a Carling. I have had a caring myself when on dire straits but to have one by choice when dozens of others are available is reprehensible behaviour

Carling is fucking horrific.

Bear Grylls pish in a snake carcass is probably better.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Finally got around to trying Tennents Tank lager yesterday. I am unable to offer up a proper review though as I am unwell and my tastebuds are a bit fucked. What I can say for sure though is that Citizen is not my type of pub, and the fancy glasses are not as good as the straight tennents glass.

Once I moved to the Alpen Lodge, the tennents flowed much more freely, and I have to say, it was a fantastic pint in there.

The Alpen Lodge on a Saturday? I hope you were as well turned out as the regulars.

images-2.jpeg

Tennent's is the most variable pint out there. There's times when I've had it and it's hit the spot perfectly and others where it's undrinkable. All in all though, it's reliable and unspectacular.

It's usually the go to of most folk. It's much, much better than Carling, Carlsberg or Stella. It's on a level par with Fosters. It's not as good as Heineken, Amstel or Budweiser.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Tennent's is the most variable pint out there. There's times when I've had it and it's hit the spot perfectly and others where it's undrinkable. All in all though, it's reliable and unspectacular.

It's usually the go to of most folk. It's much, much better than Carling, Carlsberg or Stella. It's on a level par with Fosters. It's not as good as Heineken, Amstel or Budweiser.

On par with Fosters? Not as good as Bud? You're at it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5696105

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not a huge fan either, but the quality will be more about the standard of the pub. Tennent's is almost omnipresent, so it's bound to vary a bit.