The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

13 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Went into an establishment that only had fosters on tap. Cue me entering and exiting like grampa Simpson.gif to a better (jakey) pub

Fucking fosters ffs

In this day and age how do places like that stay open?  Seriously, who finds that shit acceptable??

In this day and age how do places like that stay open?  Seriously, who finds that shit acceptable??

Fosters was and always will be horrible. If you have a pub in Scotland you have to sell tennents. Then supplement with whatever premium/ipa whatever takes your fancy but the other (jakey) pub makes a packet and 90% drink tennents.

Maybe they are at ransom to brewery? I'm not entirely sure how it works

1 hour ago, Finch road said:

Fosters was and always will be horrible. If you have a pub in Scotland you have to sell tennents. Then supplement with whatever premium/ipa whatever takes your fancy but the other (jakey) pub makes a packet and 90% drink tennents.

Maybe they are at ransom to brewery? I'm not entirely sure how it works

I'd rather not drink at all than drink that pish.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'd rather not drink at all than drink that pish.

Not likely to happen now, I keep a very well stocked drinks (lets call it a) cabinet but back in the day if I didn't have lager or wine in the house I'd mump and moan and not drink. I've never been a spirits fan although there would always be the odd half bottles that mates had left and I had a bottle of mead that I couldn't shift for love or money.  While I'd hardly call myself a purist, I know what I don't like, easier to keep well stocked. Pubwise, I've been known to slum it and drink Fosters/Carlsberg, I'm a bad man. :death

Thank you, he strikes me as more of a dark fruits drinker. In touch with his feminine side I suppose.

There’s a time and a place for a dark fruits - it’s a nice entry point when hungover, or if you’ve had copious pints but don’t want to go on the nips. It shouldn’t be the staple of a days drinking though.

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

There’s a time and a place for a dark fruits - it’s a nice entry point when hungover, or if you’ve had copious pints but don’t want to go on the nips. It shouldn’t be the staple of a days drinking though.

At the ripe old age of 18, the constant switching between tennents and carling has left me with a beer belly that many men can only dream of

Perhaps one for the price of a pint thread but I enjoyed 5 pints of the golden stuff last night at a tremendous £2.79 per pint. Today I will be paying £2.80 per pint but it’ll still be a tremendous pint.

I went to my local LCBO (one of two places you can actually buy beer here thanks to Ontario's updated tax boasting alcohol laws) to get myself a couple of Tennents, disappointed to see they only had one can of normal silverTennents left and the rest was all that 1885 brew I think it's called in the Motherwell-esk cans, which is awful.