The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

59 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

In disgust, I left the Weatherspoons establishment and moved onto the Caledonia. Pint number 2 has been served in suitable glassware.

5e319c53c080bea88d618deca63b9d53.jpg

I’ve also ordered a roll n sausage. I feel today is going to be a very good day.

Probably too late, but I sent my breakfast back in there.

Enjoying an excellent pint of tennents at this very moment. Went and got my haircut and taking the opportunity to catch up with a mate I’ve not seen for a while. I’ll have at least 3 pints of the golden nectar this evening. A good Thursday evening.

Don't know who you are mate, but welcome to the Tennents lager appreciation society. I look forward to sharing stories of T with you and sharing our enjoyment of this fine beverage.

I’m glad I stumbled over this thread. The founding members should be proud they created somewhere for the like minded to congregate.

4 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Do they still make bottles? When i started drinking used to get a 24 crate for £9.99. It was much less gassy than the cans from memory.

I used to love Tennents Gold 'back in the day'.

There was another advert taking the piss out of Jilly Goolden the wine critic but i can't find it, that was a great ad.

18 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I used to love Tennents Gold 'back in the day'.

I have a black denim shirt with Tennents Gold Bier embroidered on the pocket.

Bought it on ebay a few years ago, and was still in the packet and unworn.  Probably some promotional thing at the time.

I think I paid about £5 for it. Cracking shirt, wear it on weekends.