The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Probably the wrong place to post this - but hey, Pie and Bovril (beer?) is a caring, sharing place - but shouldn’t we be supporting the wee guys in this?

The only mistake Brewdog’s Twitter boy made was to pick on a corporate account which actually interacts with customers, thus creating an impossible fight. If they had mentioned Budweiser or Heineken, it’d just have come off as a not terribly original joke.

Tennent’s is vile.

C&C Group, owners of Tennents, recent valuation was £844 million.

Brewdog claim a value of £1.8 billion and are part owned by hedge funders.

Support the wee guys!

Support the wee guys!

Especially when the big guy is a fanny and the wee guy is an absolute baller.

Support the wee guys!

Well there you have it. I was way wrong!

Still prefer the BrewDog product.

Off to Edinburgh tonight to stay over for a wedding tomorrow so I'll be having a few T tonight watching the football and hopefully a full day of T tomorrow at the wedding before a further full day on Saturday hopefully watching rovers get the job done.

My only worry is the wedding venue seems pretty swanky and may end up being one of they wanky hipster places that don't sell Tennents. If that's the case I'll sneak of to some lovely establishment for my fix at some point.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Off to Edinburgh tonight to stay over for a wedding tomorrow so I'll be having a few T tonight watching the football and hopefully a full day of T tomorrow at the wedding before a further full day on Saturday hopefully watching rovers get the job done.

My only worry is the wedding venue seems pretty swanky and may end up being one of they wanky hipster places that don't sell Tennents. If that's the case I'll sneak of to some lovely establishment for my fix at some point.

You might be pleasantly surprised - fingers crossed for you. You're never too far from a T vendor in Edinburgh. 

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You might be pleasantly surprised - fingers crossed for you. You're never too far from a T vendor in Edinburgh. 

I hope so brother, I'm already Salivating at the thought of my first pint tonight.

This thread really is fantastic, great to see so many enthusiasts come together for a love of T.

Can always leave the reception early if it’s a sub-standard venue. Hopefully they respect the demand of people.

I would stock up this weekend if you drink  cans in the house, next week the price will be going up to around £17.50 for 20 whereas it's still £10 for 20 in Asda at the moment. Now, I'm rich and can afford such luxuries but I'm sure others will have to do without which would be a travesty 

I would stock up this weekend if you drink  cans in the house, next week the price will be going up to around £17.50 for 20 whereas it's still £10 for 20 in Asda at the moment. Now, I'm rich and can afford such luxuries but I'm sure others will have to do without which would be a travesty 
I'll be ok too. Still not spent last years wages, so will hang back* and allow those less fortunate to snap up the remaining deals.

*I won't.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Is this happening nationwide or just Scotland??

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Just Scotland.

Cheers, thank f**k Berwick is still in England then, anyone wants some vitamin T, send a first class stamp and pm me your address