The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

I take it it’s brewed under licence over there as opposed to having been exported? Didn’t see Tennents anywhere last time I was in the U.S, though either Walmart or Publix(I forget which) had a fair selection of Innes & Gunn beers.

If you're back in FL (presume FL because Publix), Total Wine have it, although it's the 5% stuff that gets sent to Canada. Can't find it anywhere in Chicago although there's a Scottish pub on Clark St that has all Belhaven products on draft. Thought it might be a decent place to catch games, but no tellies; my local will put stuff on for me if they have the channel it's on - international games you can sometimes catch on the Spanish language channels.

12 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Day off today so I'm in the pub drinking some of the glorious Tennents and watching the horse racing, £2.80 a pint,  cannae beat it.

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

One of life’s greatest pleasures. Sitting in the pub on your own. A few horses on, a newspaper and pints of lager to keep you company.

Two men after my own heart.  A truly glorious way to spend an afternoon.

6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

One of life’s greatest pleasures. Sitting in the pub on your own. A few horses on, a newspaper and pints of lager to keep you company.

Aw, absolute bliss. I like going out with the missus. I like going out with my mates. But sometimes, there's nothing better than being on my Jack Jones with a paper and a pint in a pub where everyone knows the rules and no c**t is going to try and start a conversation with me.

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Quite simply a beautiful thing, until the pub pain in the arse comes over because he thinks you look lonely 

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Some of my mates think its pretty sad that I enjoy this too, but I love it.

I work shifts, so sometimes on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday I'll take my dog out for a walk for a couple of hours in the morning/early afternoon then nip into my local have a few pints of T. I read the paper, watch some TV, my dog gets a bag of crisps and a bowl of water from the bar maid. I'll have a few more pints, maybe spend about 4 hours in the pub if I get talking to someone then I'll take a stroll home.

That's the life.

I work shifts, so sometimes on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday I'll take my dog out for a walk for a couple of hours in the morning/early afternoon then nip into my local have a few pints of T. I read the paper, watch some TV, my dog gets a bag of crisps and a bowl of water from the bar maid. I'll have a few more pints, maybe spend about 4 hours in the pub if I get talking to someone then I'll take a stroll home.
That's the life.
Living the dream!

That's the life.

A happy memory for me was taking a couple of weeks off work last year, and just sitting in my local on a Tuesday afternoon with my paper, backing some absolute donkeys and sinking four pints. Just made life that wee bit more bearable.

12 hours ago, ka202 said:

That's the life.

Didn't do it often but on occasion coming off a night shift I'd go to an early morning boozer and have 1 or 2 before heading home. As you say, paper, watch the breakfast TV or whatever was on. Braw. 

For me, drinking on your own in the pub is something I need to be in the mood for, unless you're just killing time waiting on somebody. 

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Didn't do it often but on occasion coming off a night shift I'd go to an early morning boozer and have 1 or 2 before heading home.

This astounds me. Coming off nightshift my first thought is getting to my bed, not sitting in a pub nursing a pint watching Piers Morgan being a c**t at 8am.

Kudos for going for it though.

This astounds me. Coming off nightshift my first thought is getting to my bed, not sitting in a pub nursing a pint watching Piers Morgan being a c**t at 8am.
Kudos for going for it though.

I only done nights for about a fortnight ten years ago or so, but I used to struggle like f**k to sleep as soon as I got in from work. Not like you would finish a 9-5 shift and go straight to bed, so can understand why some folk have a beer or sit about for a while before going to their scratcher.

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

I only done nights for about a fortnight ten years ago or so, but I used to struggle like f**k to sleep as soon as I got in from work. Not like you would finish a 9-5 shift and go straight to bed, so can understand why some folk have a beer or sit about for a while before going to their scratcher.

Used to have a can in the crew room and another on the bus home, frightening the office staff on their way to work. Asleep as soon as head hit the pillow.

Used to have a can in the crew room and another on the bus home, frightening the office staff on their way to work. Asleep as soon as head hit the pillow.

Morning drinking is underrated.