The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

47 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Did the Wellpark tour last night for my future son in law's stag.

I asked about Hendry's and Belheather (The Aldi and Lidl equivalent) and if Tennent's brewed them. The answer was yes but to a slightly different recipe.

I've haven't tried either (I don't think), are they any good ?

2 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Not bad, I'd struggle to tell the difference to be honest - unless they were side by side with Tennent's.

Thanks, just for research purposes I should probably give them a go,  we'll be at Aldi tomorrow so  I'll pick up a 4 pack. Tesco's is 20 tins for 11 quid on Tennents at the moment though.....

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I am no doubt that the Wellpark brewery turn out a fine Hendrys/Belheather, their flagship product, Tennents lager is a fine beverage, appropritely priced and widely available.

I shall continue to support tennents and promote its brand recognition by drinking it at my every convenience.

I salute your dedication Sir.

slte.gif

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bonfire night marks the change from T to Guinness as the go to drink in standard pubs. I'll see you all in the Spring.

I don't usually open a bevvy until after the evening dog walk, when the weather is ok my usual 'starter for 10' is a few cans of 'sunny T', if the weather is crap I usually go straight to the rouge. You've got to have a hobby otherwise you'd go a bit strange. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I don't usually open a bevvy until after the evening dog walk, when the weather is ok my usual 'starter for 10' is a few cans of 'sunny T', if the weather is crap I usually go straight to the rouge. You've got to have a hobby otherwise you'd go a bit strange. :rolleyes:

Good to see you are keeping yourself active.

Wouldnt have a guinness in the house, straight onto the whisky. You have to watch the calories these days

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Good to see you are keeping yourself active.

Wouldnt have a guinness in the house, straight onto the whisky. You have to watch the calories these days

While I probably should be watching the calories, spirits ain't my bag. Its either vino or lager for me. Maybe explains why I'm a fat bassa right enough. I've learned to live with it though.

2GH9g4p.gif

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It says Tennent's IPA? You should have said you were in Ukraine sooner, you know we like to be kept up to date.

How could I forget? Don’t worry, I’m back home tomorrow ;)