Montrose v Stirling University

endieinreekie

Thoughts?

I must admit I've got a bad feeling about this one. Apparently it's the featured William Hill game of the day and the draw will be taking place live after the game. This is setting the scene for another one of our dismal cup exits at the hands of another non-league team. Maybe I'm just being negative because I know virtually nothing about Stirling Uni. Fingers crossed for a win though.

3 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

Thoughts?

I must admit I've got a bad feeling about this one. Apparently it's the featured William Hill game of the day and the draw will be taking place live after the game. This is setting the scene for another one of our dismal cup exits at the hands of another non-league team. Maybe I'm just being negative because I know virtually nothing about Stirling Uni. Fingers crossed for a win though.

Pretty handy side Stirling Uni. Will be a tight game I'd think - Montrose should just have enough though

Was looking through stirling uni team last night,only players I recognise is Lewis bonar (ex mo a few years back if same one) and David O'Brien think ex stirling Albion.Pretty confident we can see this through if we play like we did against Clyde and create chances.

Was looking through stirling uni team last night,only players I recognise is Lewis bonar (ex mo a few years back if same one) and David O'Brien think ex stirling Albion.Pretty confident we can see this through if we play like we did against Clyde and create chances.

It is the O'Brien that played with us, what a man [emoji7]

Credit to the Uni side who stuck to their game plan which looked to be to keep it tight and rely on the break up front. When they pulled a (good) goal back to make it 2-1 before half time it looked a bit dodgy for the Mo who had let the game go a bit flat when 2-0 up. We simply can't do that.  A side looking to improve enough to be challenging at the top of the league has to be ruthless. As it was the first goal of the second half was crucial. - It went to the Mo who looked comfortable again after that so credit to them as well and they ran out comfortable winners. A good clean game as well with I think no yellow cards (maybe one, I'm not sure?) and well refereed.

Still work to be done by Montrose to achieve a full 90 minute performance but getting there now some long term injuries are starting to come back into the reckoning. Good luck to the Uni side for the rest of the season.

Archived