Jakeball-tastic

Flybhoy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Went to visit a mate in Thurso and when it was my round he asked for a 'delta' which is apparently vodka with orange diluting juice. Not something I had come across before.

That's what a vodka and orange used to be. As was any other drink. There used to be bottles of cordial/diluting juice on the bar, orange, blackcurrant and pep along with soda water and lemonade. You just put a splash of juice in your drink, too much and you invited ridicule. Fresh juice in wee bottles was only available in the lounge and was for the ladies.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As a wee aside and in the interests of educating magee to become a better human, surely we are mostly all agreed that putting -tastic on the end of random words is shite patter?

Shite patter is the only patter magee knows.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Steady. He is an arse cheek fan. Lack of self awareness is absolutely the cornerstone of all their beliefs.

A fair point. I retract my earlier post. Magee, you're a c**t. 

Used to do part time work ina couple of Aberdeen bars.

One pub had a guy that used to come in with a pint of milk, order single vodkas and drink vodka and milk.

I was never able to even consider trying this mix,

A pint of milk did about eight vodkas for additional info.

Just now, MEADOWXI said:

Used to do part time work ina couple of Aberdeen bars.

One pub had a guy that used to come in with a pint of milk, order single vodkas and drink vodka and milk.

I was never able to even consider trying this mix,

A pint of milk did about eight vodkas for additional info.

An alkie of my acquaintance did this in the house, to get the first few of the day over. (No, it wasn't me). I thought it would turn the milk, maybe it did, he still drank it.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

An alkie of my acquaintance did this in the house, to get the first few of the day over. (No, it wasn't me). I thought it would turn the milk, maybe it did, he still drank it.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Its only a drop of Kahlua away from being the nectar of the gods tbh

This guy was more alkie than Kahlua cocktail connoisseur

I tried buckfast and milk on the recommendation of a mate. Maybe I got my measures wrong but I wouldn’t recommend it. Wasn’t horrible but wasn’t great...

Done this before as well. Can't even remember if it was any good, was about 16 year ago. Can remember adding a bottle of Reef though and that actually tasted ok

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Aye loads of folk used to go on about that. I always found it to be really odd. Like you I didnt think it was horrible but I certainly never tried it more than one.

What was fantastic was a tiny wee drop of robinsons apple and blackcurrant in buckfast. (Discovered accidentally due to decanting it into empty bottles of apple and blackcurrant for T in the park that werent totally empty)

Aye, Buckfast needs to be sweeter!

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We're not talking a lot here. Just the merest wee hint.

I can see the point of diluting it. The downside is it'll last longer. My career in Buckfast was based on the get it over as quickly as possible. This was before it dawned on me a quarter bottle of vodka  in irn bru or cola was a pleasanter option.

Archived