Jakeball-tastic

Flybhoy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When were younger, me and a couple of mates used to go out every Friday night then go into work every Saturday hungover.  Once we got the shift over it was back to the pub, my choice of hangover cure was a pint and a Southern Comfort and lemonade, drink half the pint then pour the SoCo and Lemonade in to make a rather refreshing shandy based drink.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Whatever happened to just going to the pub and getting a pint or a whisky?

To minimise trips to the Union bar as a student, we'd buy whatever was on offer at £1 a pint and a treble of whatever was on offer at 60p a nip, have a swig of the pint and tip in the treble. 

51 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

This guy was more alkie than Kahlua cocktail connoisseur

As it stands it's more shite Russian than White Russian.

34 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

When were younger, me and a couple of mates used to go out every Friday night then go into work every Saturday hungover.  Once we got the shift over it was back to the pub, my choice of hangover cure was a pint and a Southern Comfort and lemonade, drink half the pint then pour the SoCo and Lemonade in to make a rather refreshing shandy based drink.

Not far off a Turbo Shandy, which was a combination of lager and Smirnoff Ice. Drunk it on a few occasions in similar circumstances to the above.

Worked in a few pubs in my time. Lager and cola was one that cropped up from time to time. Not a huge jump from shandy but enough that it seemed odd. Snakebite or Diesel still seem the jakiest cocktails going, especially if you take it with vodka.

Wrey & Nephew. 

Had this stuff once. Pals had been out an hour or two before, I caught them up and was told to drink this shot (it was a double but I wasn’t told what of). It was rotten! Feel it all the way down. Found it after what it was and the strength. Wouldn’t be inclined to drink it again.

Aye loads of folk used to go on about that. I always found it to be really odd. Like you I didnt think it was horrible but I certainly never tried it more than one.

What was fantastic was a tiny wee drop of robinsons apple and blackcurrant in buckfast. (Discovered accidentally due to decanting it into empty bottles of apple and blackcurrant for T in the park that werent totally empty)

Done this before as well. Can't even remember if it was any good, was about 16 year ago. Can remember adding a bottle of Reef though and that actually tasted ok

Glad I’m not alone here.
I didn’t really like tonic as a yoof but then my mate bought a bottle ‘for a laugh’ a year or so ago and I was pleasantly surprised. Needs to be as cold as possible though!

Archived