Jakeball-tastic

Flybhoy

My mates daughter who does a few shifts behind the bar in our local posted this in our euro-trips group chat tonight.

A Guinness mixed with a vodka and fresh orange someone ordered earlier..

....has anyone drank or seen someone order anything more full jakeball than that???

Screenshot_20171010-213312.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah! The place where this wholesome pre-Christmas tale took place...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-teenage-girls-spark-major-9378698

Call me a cynic but I'm still struggling with why, when allowing two teenage girls into a pub around midnight to 'get in the warm', it all ends up with them phoning the polis at 6am.

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ah! The place where this wholesome pre-Christmas tale took place...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-teenage-girls-spark-major-9378698

Call me a cynic but I'm still struggling with why, when allowing two teenage girls into a pub around midnight to 'get in the warm', it all ends up with them phoning the polis at 6am.

Vaguely remember that, not sure if it ever went to court but im sure the former owner of the pub denied anything sinister.

Its since been bought by the same folk who have the Kelly's Bars in Cumbernauld and Merchant City in Glasgow

Went to visit a mate in Thurso and when it was my round he asked for a 'delta' which is apparently vodka with orange diluting juice. Not something I had come across before.

Vodka, diluting orange and water, a 'belta' is similar but blackcurrant dilute. They're not bad, very refreshing, never known them to be drunk anywhere other than in the highlands / by highlanders though, less jakeball, more teuchter.

My mates daughter who does a few shifts behind the bar in our local posted this in our euro-trips group chat tonight.

A Guinness mixed with a vodka and fresh orange someone ordered earlier..

....has anyone drank or seen someone order anything more full jakeball than that???

Screenshot_20171010-213312.thumb.png.01f7b870ca2fd977247e63c463d062bd.png

It doesn't say they mixed Guinness with vodka and fresh orange. Says they asked for half a Guinness and a vodka, cola and fresh orange. Pretty grim but not as bad as you suggested.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

"euro-trips group chat"

I know, imagine having a group chat with people you are going to european away games with to discuss things like flights, hotels, tickets, trains and have the odd joke on. Mental eh..?

11 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I know, imagine having a group chat with people you are going to european away games with to discuss things like flights, hotels, tickets, trains and have the odd joke on. Mental eh..?

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 09.24.36.png

Archived