Scottish Borders Tory Bumpkins Vs English/Welsh Borders Tory Bumpkins

Sloop John B

Missed this game because of work and only got round to seeing it just now - those are some pretty p!ss-poor penalties alright.
Just one thing (and apologies if it's been mentioned earlier), but why did the shoot-out go ABAB instead of this crappy new ABBA method?  Is the Challenge Cup sticking to the old (and, IMO, better) way of doing things?

The officials didn't know we could use a 4th sub and we're a country incapable of doing a basic cup draw. Let's not complicate things even more.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BigRubberFist said:

Missed this game because of work and only got round to seeing it just now - those are some pretty p!ss-poor penalties alright.

Just one thing (and apologies if it's been mentioned earlier), but why did the shoot-out go ABAB instead of this crappy new ABBA method?  Is the Challenge Cup sticking to the old (and, IMO, better) way of doing things?

There are only certain competitions using ABBA as an experiment. The Irn Bru Cup isn't one of them (though TNS did beat Livingston on an ABBA shoot out earlier in the competition after the referee got himself confused about which method was in use).

41 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Who cares what method is used?

When All is Said and Done, The Winner Takes it All.

Yup, winning by whatever method is the Name of the Game.

Knowing Me, Knowing You I suspect you didn't know whether to Laugh or Cry. However you can only hurt for So Long until it'll be Time to Move On.

Btw, top marks here if anyone wrangles in "Fernando", "Chiquita", "Voulez Vous", [emoji38] etc.

Who Voulez Vous to win this diddy cup? B)

21 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Knowing Me, Knowing You I suspect you didn't know whether to Laugh or Cry. However you can only hurt for So Long until it'll be Time to Move On.

Btw, top marks here if anyone wrangles in "Fernando", "Chiquita", "Voulez Vous", :lol: etc.

This thread was going fine The Day Before You Came.

Archived