Scottish Borders Tory Bumpkins Vs English/Welsh Borders Tory Bumpkins

Sloop John B

Guest DAVIDB69
The non Scottish sides are always kept apart unless there arent enough scottish sides left.

Surprised at how poor QOS finishing was, should have won by a couple of goals; for all their early dominance TNS didnt create much that was clear cut. I reckon ICT would beat them now that theyve started to recover; wouldnt expect Dumbarton to beat them if its down there.

Only in Scotland would you get a non open semi final draw incredible

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a poor start to the game but we could and should have won it with the chances we had. Disappointing but not the end of the world. Well done to all those that made it down. 

1 minute ago, derbydan said:

Is it the case that many seem to regard these teams from outwith Scotland as "DiddyTeams", but they regularly compete in the early European rounds where as none of our entrants do!

Maybe its us that are the "Diddy Teams".

TNS struggled against a team from Gibralter, can you imagine one of our teams getting beaten by one of them... oh, hang on...

Is it the case that many seem to regard these teams from outwith Scotland as "DiddyTeams", but they regularly compete in the early European rounds where as none of our entrants do!
Maybe its us that are the "Diddy Teams".

I don't see it as an embarassing result. I've already said I reckon TNS would be in our division if they played in this country. I'm just pissed off we've been eliminated by a side who shouldn't be in the competition, hence why I'll be supporting ICT and Dumbarton from here on it.

It was freezing. How we didn't score at least a couple I will never know. We did not play particularly well but should have won. Never mind, I still enjoyed a good day out. Great turnout from the Queens fans today.

Couple of takeaways from today

• Darren Brownlie is legit good now, I was worried with Kerr missing that we'd see a return to the old Brownlie but he handled everything comfortably and weathered the rough start with Fordyce. At least some reassurance that we might not be doomed if Kerr goes back to St Johnstone.
  • We are absolutely scunnered if we lose Rankin/Jacobs for an extended period, Tapping is really not good enough, just a nothing player that isn't great going forward and not at it defensively perhaps being injured made him look better. But Rankin for all his limitations at least takes charge of the midfield and makes us tough to play through, Tapping really didn't do any of that and it should be a priority to bring another centre mid.
  • Wide is still a problem, McFadden in the middle somehow worked out, Stirling looked dangerous when he came on but Murray was lightweight for the second week in a row and didn't assert himself on the game whilst Dykes seemed to be off the pace again up front and out wide. Just seems to be a lottery what you'll get this week and almost need a kind of horse whisperer to get him motivated.
  • TNS definitely fit the 'No Mugs' billing, they knocked about quite nicely but didn't really have any cutting edge or composure. We largely coped with them after the start but perhaps we didn't go after them enough in normal time as they tired if I'm being critical.
  • The absolute state of the Ref for not knowing the 4 subs in extra time rule, Naysmith having the run over to ask SD the rules is probably the best way to encapsulate this tournament.
  • What a fucking fanbase we have, If we can bring that energy to Palmerston on a matchday or other away games it would be phenomenal. 

I guess we'll just have to win the league to get Dobbie a trophy then...

The absolute state of the Ref for not knowing the 4 subs in extra time rule, Naysmith having the run over to ask SD the rules is probably the best way to encapsulate this tournament

Intriguing  

Anymore detail SD?

This would be the 2nd fundamental misunderstanding of the rules by Welsh officials, we really need to look into how we work this if it remains a cross - border competition.

30 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Intriguing  

Anymore detail SD?

This would be the 2nd fundamental misunderstanding of the rules by Welsh officials, we really need to look into how we work this if it remains a cross - border competition.

It was a Northern Irish Referee this time with Welsh assistants IIRC.

Archived