Scottish Borders Tory Bumpkins Vs English/Welsh Borders Tory Bumpkins

Sloop John B

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Harkness said:

Can't see this anywhere, is this game available live in Scotland or do you need a subscription for S4C?

It's on S4C. It's a free channel. It's available through your Sky box (don't think it's on Freeview). You can watch it online on their website or through the BBC iPlayer too I think Flash posted earlier. I watched both their games v Livingston in the last two seasons live on S4C.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone has pointed out theyve a habit of scoring good goals out of nothing.  Having seen them in the flesh at Forfar and  all their televised Irn Bru games I'd say they're roughly lower championship standard, maybe Dumbarton - ish,  although theyre full time, and most of their players are ex English league. They play an open attacking game but are also good defensively.  Livi were the stronger team down there but squandered good chances; I think QOS are more direct than Livi and expect you to win with a wee bit to spare.

On 08/11/2017 at 13:05, Skyline Drifter said:

It's on S4C. It's a free channel. It's available through your Sky box (don't think it's on Freeview). You can watch it online on their website or through the BBC iPlayer too I think Flash posted earlier. I watched both their games v Livingston in the last two seasons live on S4C.

On Sky, Virgin and Freesat (but not Freeview outside of Wales).  Channel numbers on link.

http://www.s4c.cymru/en/access-services/page/5865/how-to-get-s4c/

Link mentions their own website, but it is also available on BBC iplayer.

I wonder where the final would be held between ourselves and Crusaders. I'd have went for Rugby Park but do they still have to play outside the top flight to host?

Similarly it'd be interesting to see where a TNS - Crusaders final would take place. I reckon Palmerston would actually be ideal but I don't know if they're precious about it being an all seater stadium.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder where the final would be held between ourselves and Crusaders. I'd have went for Rugby Park but do they still have to play outside the top flight to host?

The final was played at Motherwell last season. It might have been an SFL thing to want to exclude SPL clubs from profiting from it. Even then, we played Ross County in Perth.

The bookies odds are wild, QOS should win with a bit to spare.

PS, I'm supposing they field their strongest eleven, unlike the Arabs who have embarassed Scottish Football, which is no mean feat.

We don’t have a big enough squad to make wholesale changes, and always take this competition seriously. We’ll be at near enough full strength aside from Jason Kerr who is away with the Scotland U21s.

I, like many, have taken advantage of the overly generous odds on Queens today and am feeling confident. That’s usually a bad sign.

McFadden to once again shine on the international stage and break his duck for us in a 3-1 win.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wonder where the final would be held between ourselves and Crusaders..

Oswestry :P

Good luck and safe travels to the Queens today :thumsup2

Queens Starting Eleven:

Martin, Rooney, Marshall, Fordyce, Brownlie, Tapping, Dobbie, Jacobs, McFadden, Murray, Dykes

Subs: Stirling, Lyle, Kane, Fergusson, Akubuine, Leighfield, Mercer

Archived