Harvey Weinstein

ICTChris

On 10/16/2017 at 00:24, Cerberus said:

Why am I to laud Hugh Hefner but be offended at Harvey Weinstein?

Both are sleazy creeps that used their power and influence to take advantage of woman.

How did Hugh take advantage of women? Those women wanted to be in the playboy mansion. They wanted his millions.

On 10/16/2017 at 07:24, Cerberus said:

Why am I to laud Hugh Hefner but be offended at Harvey Weinstein?

Both are sleazy creeps that used their power and influence to take advantage of woman.

If being a sleazy creep who used their power and influence to take advantage of women was all Weinstein is being accused of, you might have a point.  But it's not.

I have to say that I do think until charges are proven in court of law, accused shouldn’t be named. I know the theory is that it may encourage others to come forward but where allegations of rape and sexual assault are concerned, mud sticks even if innocent.  It’s a complex issue though.

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

That’ll get you in trouble anyway!
David Blaine is a certified strange bloke, but a rapist? I’ve absolutely no idea.

As Rowan has said, this sort of thing sticks so it will follow him around for the rest of his life no matter what. It is ridiculous how these things come out in light of a separate scandal and don't surface at the time. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

David Blaine accused of rape now:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/20/david-blaine-accused-raping-british-model-natasha-prince-london/

I'm pretty sure the rest of 2017 and most of 2018 will just be rape accusations flying around willy nilly. 

Ooooh, matron!

I have to say that I do think until charges are proven in court of law, accused shouldn’t be named. I know the theory is that it may encourage others to come forward but where allegations of rape and sexual assault are concerned, mud sticks even if innocent.  It’s a complex issue though.

I completely agree.

On 19/10/2017 at 12:45, jamamafegan said:

How did Hugh take advantage of women? Those women wanted to be in the playboy mansion. They wanted his millions.

The guy was a confirmed nonce mate and published pictures of people (including Marilyn Monroe) without their consent.

4 hours ago, Rowan said:

Tbf it hasn't harmed a lot of famous folk. Casey Affleck just won an Oscar and R Kelly still has a music career to name just two examples.

12 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The guy was a confirmed nonce mate and published pictures of people (including Marilyn Monroe) without their consent.

Tbf it hasn't harmed a lot of famous folk. Casey Affleck just won an Oscar and R Kelly still has a music career to name just two examples.

I thought the admiration of Herne was a joke, possibly not though in some cases. He was a brothel keeper, the same as any with a couple of junkies in tow. His lot were desperate for "fame" rather than smack.

Other than that, has anyone ever been in the company of somebody like him, an absolute fanny rat, hole at any cost character? They tend to be complete bores.

In the last few days Twitter has seen GQ political correspondent Rupert Myers and Vice journalist Sam Kriss outed as harassers, both have now lost their jobs. Myers 'apology' was a classic of the genre, he said he was "sorry if he'd made anyone feel sub optimal". Kriss justified his behaviour by saying he'd previously had sex with the woman involved, invoking the Assange/Galloway card.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

In the last few days Twitter has seen GQ political correspondent Rupert Myers and Vice journalist Sam Kriss outed as harassers, both have now lost their jobs. Myers 'apology' was a classic of the genre, he said he was "sorry if he'd made anyone feel sub optimal". Kriss justified his behaviour by saying he'd previously had sex with the woman involved, invoking the Assange/Galloway card.

Reading the accounts of what happened, it's difficult to feel anything other than contempt for those involved. Utter c***s, using the tiny amount of prestige and power their positions afforded them to pester young women for reluctant sex. Pathetic.

Is that still consensual?