Team for Next Year

Still feeling so disappointed in the way we went out after doing all the hard work to hang in there.

Looking forward what would be your team for the next few games in 2018 

If Gordon, McGregor, Berra, Mulgrew, Fletcher, Brown and Morrison set retire 

What plan  team of next year to Euro 2020 stage group start September - November?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Paterson Cooper Tierney Robertson

Brown

McGregor Armstrong

Fraser Griffiths Burke

Also start easing in younger players like Liam Lindsay, Jason Cummings and Barrie McKay who are all playing consistently for their clubs.

Also players like Tony Ralston and Ross McCrorie should be getting looked at as potential call ups in the near future depending how the do at club level.

Marshall

Paterson Berra Tierney Robertson

Brown
McGregor Armstrong

Fraser Griffiths Burke

Also start easing in younger players like Liam Lindsay, Jason Cummings and Barrie McKay who are all playing consistently for there clubs. There the players were going to have in 5 years anyway and we can’t keep using Fletcher or Martin.

Agreed with majority of that, Berra done okay this campaign but he’s 33 in January. Hopefully souttar can learn from him at hearts. shinnie and mcginn should be in contention

Agreed with majority of that, Berra done okay this campaign but he’s 33 in January. Hopefully souttar can learn from him at hearts. shinnie and mcginn should be in contention

Berra has been better than Hanley, Martin etc that we’ve played there in the last few seasons. Souttar was the other one that I couldn’t remember. There’s a few domestic based players that should be looked at and given more time including Shinnie, McLean and McGinn.

IMO Strachan doesn’t have a great knowledge of the game in Scotland and if it hadn’t been for pressure in the media to play Griffiths he wouldn’t have played against England and scored.

If GS does leave then my first choice would be an experienced foreign manager but with one or two coaches that know the game in Scotland and are more aware of the young players that are kicking about who are more worthy of a cap than Barry Bannan.

Everyone calling for Ross McCrorie, the boy has played less than 5 first team games (and this was only due to an injury prone Rangers squad) having 1 decent performance against Partick Thistle. If we're giving players international caps on this basis then the likes of Ralston should already be starting every game.

Everyone calling for Ross McCrorie, the boy has played less than 5 first team games (and this was only due to an injury prone Rangers squad) having 1 decent performance against Partick Thistle. If we're giving players international caps on this basis then the likes of Ralston should already be starting every game.

You're fucking out of line here. If you're a young Scottish player at Rangers or Celtic (peace be upon them), you're automatically drafted into the international side.

I don't expect to have to explain this again.

We should look at maybe a back 3 with Ralston and Robertson wing backs with Tierney Cooper and one more in the defensive 3.  Guys like Ryan Fraser, Matt Phillips(albeit crap in the last two games), Tom Cairney, Calum McGregor, Stuart Armstrong, John McGinn will be key the next campaign as they now have a bit of experience and all still a good age. In the forward areas we have Griffiths as the main man but hopefully the likes of Cummings, May and Burke will kick on and have a good twelve months leading up to the next set of games.  Chris Martin is still a decent option from the bench but Fletcher is finished.

How have Jack and Dorrans been playing for Rangers this season?

Part of me thinks we should just start off by arranging some ridiculous pre-season match away to play in the back and beyond somewhere. It gives a week or so for the new manager (I hope) to get to know the new players and it tells you a lot fairly quickly about what guys are going to put in the real effort to travel for Scotland rather than find a way to sit out with a wee niggle.

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Fair one. Every time I have seen him this season be has been rank.

He's a bit of a marmite character, is Ryan Jack.

Dons fans gladly waved him goodbye in May and then it took 20 minutes of the new season to realise we were all over the place without him. It's only now that O'Connor has stepped into the same role that we've started to look stable.

He does a lot of the hard work in the side that fans don't notice but teammates and managers appreciate. If he hits consistent form with der hün (and stops getting red carded) then I don't see why he shouldn't get a chance at international level.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Is Archer any good? I think I’ve seen him once for Millwall, and he was great, but I don’t have a clue whether he’s a genuine candidate to replace Gordon.

Why don't we tee up a friendly in November and... nah, that'd be craaazy

Archived