Team for Next Year

Griffiths
Fraser  -  Armstrong  -  Burke
Cairney  -  McGregor
Robertson  -  Tierney  -  Cooper  -  Paterson
Archer

European Championship Winners 2020, 2024;   World Cup Winners 2022

Then they're all in their late 30s and we're shite again.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still feeling so disappointed in the way we went out after doing all the hard work to hang in there.

Looking forward what would be your team for the next few games in 2018 

If Gordon, McGregor, Berra, Mulgrew, Fletcher, Brown and Morrison set retire 

What plan  team of next year to Euro 2020 stage group start September - November?

Nope.. all Euro 2020 qualifying games will be played in 2019. Draw not until next December. Euro 2020 is being shared across several countries and set up looks a bit pish tbh

Gordon

Anya

Berra(not seen cooper play)

Tierney

Robertson

Brown

Cairney

Armstrong

Ritchie

Griffiths

Fraser/Burke. 

Easily win our League of Nations group imo. 

Hopefully Lindsay and Souttar kick on and are in the team for the Euro qualifying.

Gordon
Anya
Berra(not seen cooper play)
Tierney
Robertson
Brown
Cairney
Armstrong
Ritchie
Griffiths
Fraser/Burke. 
Easily win our League of Nations group imo. 
Hopefully Lindsay and Souttar kick on and are in the team for the Euro qualifying.

I know he’s been out injured but I think Calum Paterson is returning to the fold for Cardiff at the weekend so if he gets up and running he would be ahead of Anya imo.

Because he's never been given a fair crack of the whip. I'll accept he's not the messiah we all thought originally but who else is there that s ores the same amount of goals as him.

Steven Fletcher is out scoring him this season in the same team.

That’s because Steven Fletcher is God though.

Fletcher has played more minutes than Rhodes, but that's obviously because the Sheffield Wednesday manager has a huge grudge against him.

That’s because Steven Fletcher is God though.

Fletcher just doesn't really suit way we play unless he's coming off bench. We are woefully short of cover for Griffiths outside of maybe Cummings?? Rhodes if he can find some form should at least be looked at. Don't think he's anywhere near right now but he's too young n we're too shallow in our talent pool to write him off completely

Fletcher just doesn't really suit way we play unless he's coming off bench. We are woefully short of cover for Griffiths outside of maybe Cummings?? Rhodes if he can find some form should at least be looked at. Don't think he's anywhere near right now but he's too young n we're too shallow in our talent pool to write him off completely

Rhodes turns 28 in February

Why do we want to rip up this team that has produced the best bit of momentum we have had in a decade?

Yes a slight tweak here and there but nothing too major unless we un-earth 2 world class centre backs from somewhere.

A year is a long time, most of us on here had Russell Martin down as our best centre half and we have looked much better without him.

I'm genuinely stunned by the number of shouts I've seen for Ralston to get in the squad. Looked as shite for Celtic against PSG as he did for their U20 side against Livingston last season. Surely we must have better than that.

Rhodes turns 28 in February

So he's 27 right now.....more mobile than Fletcher or martin m more experience m goals than Cummings. If josh magennis is a vital part of the ni squad on cusp of qualifying for two tournaments in a row how are we in a position to write off a regular goal scorer in English leagues (who has a reasonable goals to minutes ratio for internationals) ??

Eta I'm not saying he should be in squad right now but he should certainly be kept in mind if his form comes back. The number of times he was ignored whilst in form was crazy. Similarly Griffiths m Robertson.... Meanwhile guys who couldn't get a game for clubs were top of Strachan go to list

Archived