Terrible Jobs

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

With RBS you do, not Santander. Not sure about other banks but I’m pretty sure you can’t just go about emptying someone’s account just because you have found their phone lying about.

I can understand why people are sceptical about being able to pay using your phone though, absolutely pointless unless we are going to get rid of bank cards next.

Don't think I'll bother with the app then, bit more risk for very little gain. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some customers are complete c***s with absolutely no empathy for people working in customer service roles - this is probably because they have little experience of working in these positions themselves.  

When I worked at M&S there used to be 'friends and family' weekends where if you had a Sparks card you got 20% off.  I used to tell all the customers on the till this fact and I could give it to them without them actually having to physically sign up for it at that point in time - all they had to do was take a loyalty card from me and they got 20% off. I swear 80% of people were like 'no thanks' as they didn't even listen and thought I was trying to sell something.

In every customer facing role I've had we've been forced to ask questions to try and sell one product or another. I couldn't care less if it annoyed people, am I f**k getting in any bother because some ignorant c**t gets annoyed at having to answer 'no thanks' to about two questions.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Some customers are complete c***s with absolutely no empathy for people working in customer service roles - this is probably because they have little experience of working in these positions themselves.

It goes beyond that with an alarming number of folk - just a complete lack of basic manners when interacting with another human being, and you can only assume it's due to a desire to feel that the person they're being served by is beneath them. Nonsense like refusing to speak, practically chucking the item they want to buy at you, and dropping money on the counter rather than putting it in your outstretched hand. It's not restricted to any one demographic either - every age, race, and gender appears to have a decent proportion of appalling cuntsickles.

9 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Yes thats fair enough, but sometimes people in shops take it too far as well, my local co-op (not the one in Glasgow city centre in the Gorbals) has a wee wummin who works there and holds the queue up having long conversations with every customer, so when you eventually get served you're pissed off.

Aye; they're probably the c***s who're intolerably rude when they're on the other side of the counter too  <_<

It's a 2 way thing.
I would be in a good mood and I go into the likes of Sainbury's and the person on the till would be in some passive aggressive fit that they have to been made to work and they'd fire all your stuff through at a million miles an hour. If then I had the audacity of not wanting to catch and slamdunk my shopping into bags and it flies down the belt they'd stand with a face like fizz until you finally finished packing and paid them.

48 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

When I worked at M&S there used to be 'friends and family' weekends where if you had a Sparks card you got 20% off.  I used to tell all the customers on the till this fact and I could give it to them without them actually having to physically sign up for it at that point in time - all they had to do was take a loyalty card from me and they got 20% off. I swear 80% of people were like 'no thanks' as they didn't even listen and thought I was trying to sell something.

In every customer facing role I've had we've been forced to ask questions to try and sell one product or another. I couldn't care less if it annoyed people, am I f**k getting in any bother because some ignorant c**t gets annoyed at having to answer 'no thanks' to about two questions.

99% of the time it's a ploy to get personal information out of you for marketing purposes or selling on, or trying to sell you useless product insurance. Don't see anything wrong with a polite "No thanks". In Airports I just say "No" when they ask for my boarding pass, never a problem.

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

It's a 2 way thing.
I would be in a good mood and I go into the likes of Sainbury's and the person on the till would be in some passive aggressive fit that they have to been made to work and they'd fire all your stuff through at a million miles an hour. If then I had the audacity of not wanting to catch and slamdunk my shopping into bags and it flies down the belt they'd stand with a face like fizz until you finally finished packing and paid them.

^^^ the voice of experience.

I'd always get flustered and pay while half of my shopping was still to be bagged. The b*****d would then invariably start firing the next person's shopping through to mix in with mine. I presume that's how you picked up your excellent strategy of packing before payment. Thank f**k for self-service tills.

I never had a paper round of my own but did my mates once when he was on holiday when I was 13 or so and made an absolute c**t of it. Think I ended up owing him money by the end of the week because I got lost and just started putting papers through random doors. 

I was fairly lucky and got a decent enough call centre job in the Civil Service when I was 17 and worked there for 3 and a half years until this June. I moaned about it at the time but in hindsight, it wasn't too bad, and I probably regret leaving to an extent. The pay was decent and the conditions were very laid back compared to some of the horror stories you hear about call centres - no average handle time, etc. You weren't really targeted on anything tbh and the hours were superb. 

I recently moved to another call centre which is mostly sales and there is a lot more pressure to perform. The company itself are great to work for and I'm enjoying it, but definitely have aspirations to get off the phones in the future. I struggle to understand how people can happily sit on a phone for 30 years without trying to progress. 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

99% of the time it's a ploy to get personal information out of you for marketing purposes or selling on, or trying to sell you useless product insurance. Don't see anything wrong with a polite "No thanks". In Airports I just say "No" when they ask for my boarding pass, never a problem.

There's nothing wrong with saying 'no thanks' - not sure where I said there was. I literally was offering these people 20% if they took a stupid loyalty card off me (note where I said they didn't even have to sign up or anything). It was in menswear so they were often making purchases well over £100 (suits etc.) and therefore effectively may as well have flushed over £20 down the toilet. I think that's pretty stupid behaviour.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There's nothing wrong with saying 'no thanks' - not sure where I said there was. I literally was offering these people 20% if they took a stupid loyalty card off me (note where I said they didn't even have to sign up or anything). It was in menswear so they were often making purchases well over £100 (suits etc.) and therefore effectively may as well have flushed over £20 down the toilet. I think that's pretty stupid behaviour.

Understand that, but I'm not surprised that most people drown out the sales talk by default, given what the usual offer is.

2 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Throbber discussing the merits of online banking and trying to guess where Shandon Par got his bruise from.

Truly a banner day in P&B. 

I greenied this before realising you said "in P&B"

What would you describe a breakfast roll containing bacon or sausage or the like? Be specific.

I never had a paper round of my own but did my mates once when he was on holiday when I was 13 or so and made an absolute c**t of it. Think I ended up owing him money by the end of the week because I got lost and just started putting papers through random doors. 

I started offering to help my pal with his "paper round" when I was 13.

In reality he got £5 a week from his auntie for putting flyers from her estate agency through doors.

Half the time we'd walk around the corner and dump them in a grit bin or industrial skip and skive for an hour before splitting it £2.50 each.

She followed us once and we never did it again.

30 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

In most stores here they still have employees pack for you and ask if you need help out with your groceries. Fort William Tesco it certainly isn't!

Hark at Yankee Doodle, groceries indeed. It's messages...you've changed!

I take till workers asking me if I need a hand packing as an insult/challenge.

Its a shit system tbh. Has anyone said yes? I just pack in a flustered state getting stared at by an ever increasingly angry queue. 

Or used to before I went online.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

I take till workers asking me if I need a hand packing as an insult/challenge.

Its a shit system tbh. Has anyone said yes? I just pack in a flustered state getting stared at by an ever increasingly angry queue. 

Or used to before I went online.

Why would you get angry at an assistant offering to help, for all they know you might have a gimp hand?

Just pack your bag normally, pay your bill then f**k off. f**k everyone in the queue as two minutes later, they'll be in the same boat as you.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Dunno it just seems passive aggressive to me.

:lol:

I'm more pissed off with those who don't give a f**k and just hand change/receipt back without saying a word or worse, looking in the other direction.

Want to help me pack my bags? Fill your boots.

Archived