Terrible Jobs

35 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

To be fair I hate how nosey the staff at banks can be, anytime I go in to lift money I get the 'oh whats this for?' 'treating yourself to something nice?' chat and it rips my knitting. Went to lift money to get holiday money from ramsdens and got the spanish inquisition 'why don't you want our holiday money?' etc etc, cos its a fucking shite rate. Fucking hate banks.

Post Office is terrible for that. The staff always look harassed too, like they have to make up selling targets or they get sacked.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

To be fair I hate how nosey the staff at banks can be, anytime I go in to lift money I get the 'oh whats this for?' 'treating yourself to something nice?' chat and it rips my knitting. Went to lift money to get holiday money from ramsdens and got the spanish inquisition 'why don't you want our holiday money?' etc etc, cos its a fucking shite rate. Fucking hate banks.

I think they hate me when they start that shite on me.

No, I don't have a mortgage, thanks.

Or any loans.

Yes I have a credit card. No I wouldn't like to take one of yours.  I don't have any balance to transfer.

Can I go now? 

I enjoy the overly friendly attitude the bank employs at every opportunity (you just know that everyone posting about this is with a different one and that they're all the same). Oh, the queue has three people in it? Better send the manager out to placate them all and ask what they're in for to move them somewhere else to get them served quicker. Strange stuff.

What happens if someone nicks your phone? Sell it to me throbber ( the idea of banking online, not your phone).

Your phone should have a security code of some sorts on it if you are as security conscious as you are? Failing that they need to be able to log into your online banking which has a password and security code. Once they have done all that you should hopefully have contacted your bank by then but even then they can’t have transferred the money anywhere that can’t be traced by account number/ sort code and most banks have a security measure in place before you add a payee.

Just because you don’t use the app doesn’t mean that you can’t fall victim to cyber crime.

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Throbber discussing the merits of online banking and trying to guess where Shandon Par got his bruise from.

Truly a banner day in P&B. 

From the highs of PCcabe to the nadir that is Throbber's chat today.  Might as well log off until next week now.

I doubt the bank staff are being nosey or even care. Unfortunately for them they have to ask such shite, as it supposedly 'builds rapport' with customers and they will be judged on that aspect by management. They also most likely will have targets to shift products, or at the very least are required to ask every customer about them, and again management will judge them on it. If they don't do these things they'll score poorer when being assesses, and they'll have no idea when that is, so the mindset has to be that they're always being assessed. Too many poor scores will mean no pay rise, no bonus and, in the long run, risk of getting punted.

Banks have a mental notion of customer service but it's the poor frontline staff who have to adhere it

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Your phone should have a security code of some sorts on it if you are as security conscious as you are? Failing that they need to be able to log into your online banking which has a password and security code. Once they have done all that you should hopefully have contacted your bank by then but even then they can’t have transferred the money anywhere that can’t be traced by account number/ sort code and most banks have a security measure in place before you add a payee.

Just because you don’t use the app doesn’t mean that you can’t fall victim to cyber crime.

If you use the app do you still have to find that stupid wee calculator thing to send money to a new account?

If you use the app do you still have to find that stupid wee calculator thing to send money to a new account?

With RBS you do, not Santander. Not sure about other banks but I’m pretty sure you can’t just go about emptying someone’s account just because you have found their phone lying about.

I can understand why people are sceptical about being able to pay using your phone though, absolutely pointless unless we are going to get rid of bank cards next.

Yeh but your phone can still be cloned.

The money can still be traced where ever it goes, there are massive fraud squads that work for every bank. Don’t think it should mean people are going to be turned off using banking apps.

Archived