Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

My Celtic team that made the 2021 Champions League final and 2022 Europa League semi-final got vultured in the off season.  Chelsea poached Anthony Ralston for close to 50M while my 19 year old regen goal machine Craig Murdoch went to PSG for 80M.  I'm swimming in cash but can't find players willing to come back so I ended up re-signing Italian FB Mattia De Sciiglio, Re-signing Kieran Tierney, and picking  up 32 year old Kyle Walker for cover.  Also bought Renato Sanches for 55M from Bayern.  Will need Jack Aitchison and regen Craig Soutar to step up the goals to replace the 50+ goals scored by Murdoch the last two seasons.

I hadn't noticed that they'd pushed back the opening of our new stadium by another year. Got all excited and put together a big tournament for the grand opening. f**k it I'm still going ahead with this and if I'm still in charge next year we'll have it again. Even got drawn against our old pals Valencia in the first game.

Won the league 2 years in a row now, hope to be here for a long time #10InARow

image.thumb.png.f1ce0c7f16e1cc8ab320729441785403.png

I've decided to start a save outside of Scotland, in Hungary!  I've chosen Ujpest and I think I have a decent squad, a couple of good prospects plus some other good players.  I've signed two Serbian guys (a Left Mid and a Right Back), forgetting that Serbia isn't in the EU lol so they count towards my 5 non-EU player limit.  Here is the squad

The goalie Ritzl is well rated as is 16 year old Left Back Horvath.  With the squad I have I'm going for a 4-4-1-1 so we shall see how it goes, have won my 3 friendlies so far

image.thumb.png.f263c18f6858156b1414090cd79d8b50.png

Fucking beeling.

Led the league for the majority of the season and shat it, Celtic won it by a single point on 96 and I had 95.

Retained the League & Scottish cups and got to the semi’s of the europa league :lol: got bitched by Liverpool having beaten Legia Warsaw, Marseille and Athletic Bilbao to get there.

Now I’m under an embargo due to takeover talks and have been since the end of the season, pre season starts in 3 days and I haven’t been able to make a single signing it’s really pissing me off.

Thankfully had Towell, Calvin Miller & Ryan Christie already lined up on pre contracts but I’ve got a £10m budget to spend and can’t get anywhere near it.

Fucking beeling.

Led the league for the majority of the season and shat it, Celtic won it by a single point on 96 and I had 95.

Retained the League & Scottish cups and got to the semi’s of the europa league [emoji38] got bitched by Liverpool having beaten Legia Warsaw, Marseille and Athletic Bilbao to get there.

Now I’m under an embargo due to takeover talks and have been since the end of the season, pre season starts in 3 days and I haven’t been able to make a single signing it’s really pissing me off.

Thankfully had Towell, Calvin Miller & Ryan Christie already lined up on pre contracts but I’ve got a £10m budget to spend and can’t get anywhere near it.
If it is anything like the times a takeover happens you will.
A. Lose your job
B. It will happen on the last day of the window leaving you no time to gey anyone

23 year old South Korean legend Im Joo-Ho of Celtic & Chelsea fame has joined us on a free. Which now means I can offload Rony Lopes for decent £££ and get Gabriel Barbosa back out to his natural wide right position.

I'm struggling to find very good CB's and a GK.

Edited by JamieStevenson

Tried to get into an Aberdeen save on this but found my inherent real life bias to be prejudicing my decisions. I decided to go proper journeyman instead.

I started off unemployed in Indonesia with no badges or experience etc. Figured it was as close to the lowest reputation league I could go with a weird yet interesting league structure also. Got the job at Persepam Madura Utama in the Second Division.

First season – met expectations, avoided relegation. Second division has a group stage that you play in first which only has like 8 games so the season pretty much flew by.

Second season – exceeded expectations and got promoted into the first division. Finished second in my first group, second again in my second group to seal promotion and then won a third place play off.

Third season – avoided relegation and finished 7 / 18. I won the Indonesian Cup. This got me into the Asian Confederation Cup (Europa League equivalent). Because of the timing this wasn’t for the next season but rather the one afterwards.

Fourth season – consolidated, 5/18.

Fifth season – top of the league for most of the season, 26 games unbeaten going into the last two. I held a team meeting to get the boys up for the title charge. Bottled it (insert Aberdeen joke). Every single one of them took the huff over pressure. Lost the game and the league on goal difference. Fucking. Raging.

If it is anything like the times a takeover happens you will.
A. Lose your job
B. It will happen on the last day of the window leaving you no time to gey anyone

Surprisingly neither happened.

New felly is incredibly happy with me apparently so long may that continue.

On 2/23/2018 at 16:56, JamieStevenson said:

I'm now also the Netherlands boss. They have 3 of the best players on the planet. Hopefully this job doesn't have an impact on Pars results like it did when I was Wales boss.

I hate being an international manager in FM.

I've also gotten bored with Hungary fairly quickly, hard to stay enthusiastic when you don't know any of the players so I decided to start yet another new save in Scotland (I have a bunch going lol), this time with Ayr based on a desire to go balls-out attack and they seemed to be a good candidate!  I'm playing a 4-2-4 wide with McDaid and McGuffie on the wings feeding Moore and Shankland up front and I score a lot of goals but also concede a lot.  I'm leading League One by 6 points after 19 games and also made the second round of the Betfred cup but suffered a cupset in the third round of the Scottish Cup losing 2-0 at home to Stirling Albion.  I tried boosting my depth at CB by signing Ally Gilchrist from St. Johnstone but he's been garbage so far, pretty much guaranteed to concede a penalty each game. 

My Recent results show you will never accuse my Ayr team of being boring!  

image.thumb.png.cf58b9e5d5ed31161d87e0740a184f9a.png

2/3 of the way through the season and I'm sitting pretty, although there is a lot of football to be playerd

image.png.884cadc4f2ad9de3edd1044ad5f95874.png

My attempts to upgrade my Centre backs almost came up empty but I managed to land Aidan Wilson on loan from Rangers on deadline day.  

image.png.71244cd140c67cc8047b25db5551e081.png

Managed to steer Ayr to promotion from League One despite a bit of a nervy stretch where I lost 3 straight to alllow Raith to close to within 2 points.  The combination of Craig Moore and Lawrence Shankland were a brilliant partnership that contributed 44 goals, plus another 11 from supersub Michael Moffatt.  I've since done deals to sign 9 players to rejuvinate the swuad, mostly Premiership cast-offs like Darren Jamieson, Gary Fraser, Scott Tanser etc...

Still playing 16 on a Sheffield Utd game. Been waiting over 2 years for new stadium to be built with another 9 months to go.
Board comes to me saying local council rejected it and the whole thing is scrapped. In the meantime built up a Premiership, treble winning team. I kept it on to see if I far I could build up the club, feel totally deflated now.

Here are my Ayr signings as I return the honest men to the Championship.  I fear my board may be morons as they tripled my wage budget but now the finances have dropped to "insecure" status so I don't know if I will be able to sign more players despite having a huge amount of space in my budget.  Add Scott Martin coming from Hibs in July as a 9th player

image.png.50f7667615d137eb026619a1296d46d0.png