Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

57 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Sold Cattermole for £5 million to Leeds in the January.

NDong and Hyndman ( on loan from Bournemouth) playing in the middle have been solid. Have Darron Gibson and Jordon Mitch as back up with McNair who can step into midfield if needed.

Cattermole is one of my two players in the huff (other is Rodwell due to not starting) after I sold O'Shea for £1m

Cattermole is one of my two players in the huff (other is Rodwell due to not starting) after I sold O'Shea for £1m

Couldn’t sell OShea without subbing his wages so kept him as 5/6 choice and reserve games.

Oviedo the top boy, started left back but moves to left mid after January. Double figures for assists.

Started a Saints save again. December and I'm 8th in the league, and into the Knockout stages of the Europa League (seriously, why the f**k does this never happen with career threads?) 

The extra money has allowed me to sign Tony Gallagher, Scott McTominay (loan), Liam Henderson (loan), Lewis Morgan and Ryan Hardie. Signed a young lad Kyle Turner from Cowdenbeath or something who's cracking. Got a contract agreed with Callum Smith and in talks with Jai Quitongo. 

Squad will be superb soon. 

Dream is

Clark

Comrie - Shaughnessy - Kerr - Gallagher 

Henderson - McTominay - Turner 

Quitongo - Hardie/Smith - Morgan

For the second half of the season. 

Ideally get a better right back, and the midfield needs sorted as Henderson has no inclination to join. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Tony Gallagher is not quite the wonderkid he was in FM2017 but is still a great signing for most Premiership level teams.  I signed him in my Dundee United save and he was excellent.

I picked up my Celtic save after having been sacked in my Brazilian save and I forgot how good a team I had built with some excellent regens.  It's 2020-21 and a regen striker named Craig Murdoch is filling the net for me, as are Serge Gnabry and Ezequiel Barco who I have started deploying on the right wing with Ryan Christie as my central attacking midfielder.  I also have Tiemoue Bakayoko playing alongside either John McGinn or Callum McGregor at central midfield and an excellent back line of Anthony Ralston, John Souttar, Phil Jones, and Andy Robertson.  I've also managed to pinch a South African regen goalie named Simon Ngema who at 19 has become my first choice ahead of Jordan Archer.  Also a couple of young regen wingers named James Campbell and Kyle McAusland are making a case for more first team action, which unfortunately is leaving Scott Sinclair and Lewis Morgan on the sidelines.  

I'm not into 2033 in my Hearts save, the 65,000 Tommy Walker Arena packed to the rafters every week. I have won the League 9 times in a row and well on course to make it 10, 5 Scottish cups in a row and 5 betfred cups in a row. The split of the gate money for the Scottish cup is a superb boost so that is a huge priority. You can pull in around £14/15 million for winning the cup it has gradually increased every season. Ticket prices for my league games are £33 so no idea what they must be charging for the Scottish cup games at Hampden.  I have the saviour of Scottish football in my ranks, at only 18 he scored 7 goals and dragged Scotland to the semis of the World Cup only to lose out to England 4-2 after extra time. He won the European golden boy in 2031 and at the age of 21 is worth £25 million. Attached his scoring record. 

IMG_3311.JPG

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Nice to see you are helping out the smaller clubs by loaning back a young player you just bought from them

lol. He repaid them for his time at Ibrox. Scores every single game against them and last time out did this to them. 

IMG_3313.JPG

I've picked my Celtic save back up, got to the 2021 Champions League final but lost 4-2 against PSG.  More importantly in the first Old Firm game of the 2021-22 season this happened..

I also skooshed FC Copenhagen 8-0 in the Champions League group stages.  The bhoy who got the 5 goals, Craig Soutar is a regen I picked up from Hibs in 2018, he's not even the best regen striker I have named Craig, the other lad, Craig Murdoch, is injured at the moment and scored 58 goals for me last year as an 18 year old

image.thumb.png.f5b7ea866b55c020541384fe8b5a3ab4.png

Hearts file got boring after making it into 2035 and having to trawl through thousands of decent players not good enough for me or having to pay PSG or Man Utd £25/30 million for a half decent player as they just buy up all the good players when they are 16/17. 

Started a new scottish pyramid save. 3 leagues of 18 and everyone in from round 1 in the Scottish. This got a chuckle when I saw the scores. I have been drawn away to Colony Park in the second round. Some interesting ties with Celtic drawing Yoker, Dunbar Utd hosting Hibernian, Ayr drawing Kilbirnie Ladeside and for travelling distance I think Annan drawing Lossiemouth probably just about wins it. Really enjoying the Scottish cup side to it, the league is a bit mundane. 

IMG_3396.JPG

Didn't get my Quadruple but still managed to get my treble.  A gutting late goal by Otavio at the Emirates confirmed my elimination from the Europa League but bounced back two days later by beating Falkirk to win the title.  Then completely shat it at Ibrox three days after that, blowing a 3 goal lead to lose 6-3!  The 2-1 league loss against Hearts featured a heavily rotated side for the record

image.thumb.png.ea746ed93139104c219d140f4cb6d988.png

15 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:

5a7f5da7b8828_ScreenShot2018-02-10at20_52_20.thumb.png.92809310617aaf2fa1b22e80718caf5a.png

These 2 have been unbelievable. Gutted I'll lose them at the end of the season.

I'm three seasons into a Saints. In my second season that Lithuanian striker you've got (had?) scored something mental like 37 in 38.

Currently in 2023 in my Falkirk save. Just been knocked out the Champions League by PSG, after beating them 6-4 (somehow) in the first leg I have been severely humbled in the second leg getting scudded 5-0. 3 points clear of Celtic in the league with 3 games to go to win my second title. The league has been really close this year but my 3 best players are loanees who I’ll have no chance of retaining for next season. I’ve set up a link with Airdrie where I get first dibs on any players I want, 3 of whom are now regular starters in my team. The rest of my side are made up of good free agents, Jai Quitongo and Craig Sibbald :lol:

2020. Saints have been taken over by a "local businessman" who spends f**k all and constantly gurns about the finances.

Quitongo and Morgan have only 12 months of contract left and I can't get near their demands.

Who cares though, I just signed Stevie May :wub: