Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Am at my parents place for the week and I have time to kill so I installed FM 18 on their computer and started a Hearts save.  Observation is that my top players are always injured!  I do best playing a 4-3-1-2 but the top two players on my team for the central AM position, Jamie Walker and Malaury Martin keep getting hurt while Christophe Berra has gone down for 4 months and both Isma and Lafferty have spent time in the treatment room.  Oh and Ashley Smith-Brown has just been ruled out for two months.  Start to the season has been poor, 1 win, 2 draws, and 3 defeats although I have made the quarter final of the Betfred Cup.  Rory Currie scored 8 goals in 5 BFC games so far but has been pish in the league.  In the only game where I had all of my forward players healthy I beat Aberdeen 4-0 so I can be good when players are not hurt.

After 13 games with Hearts I am up to 4th despite being incapable of defending away from home in the league, which was a problem as most of my games early on were away from home! I've also reached the final of the Betfred Cup by beating Rangers 1-0 thanks to a goal from "Mr. Betfred Cup" Rory Currie who is my leading scorer in all competitions with 10 BFC goals but only 1 in the league.  Also Jamie Robson, who I bought from Dundee United, has established himself as first choice LB after some dreadful performances from Rafael Grzelak

Yeah, I don't know if it's my laptop, but 2018 seems really unstable compared to 2016 and 2015. I'm saving the game every two minutes in paranoia

My problem occurs in match when a player gets injured and you try to make a sub but it just won't work. Then you get to the end of the match and the application just shuts down with errors.

My problem occurs in match when a player gets injured and you try to make a sub but it just won't work. Then you get to the end of the match and the application just shuts down with errors.

I've not had that, but I've had the ref blowing full time, then being stuck with an empty pitch on the march screen, unable to advance. Also random crash dumps where the game just freezes and crashes. Got this very occasionally on 2016, but nothing like the current version.

I've decided to start yet another new save for the new year, this time with Dundee United.  I've set a 5 year goal of qualifying for Europe via the league by only signing Scottish players under the age of 25 with one "mulligan" signing (outside these parameters) allowed per season.  So far it's still August in my first season and I have won every competitive game I have played, including against Hearts in the BFC group stage and St. Johnstone in the BFC second round setting up a quarter final against Rangers.  The league I have gone 3 for 3 with wins over Inverness CT, Queen of the South, and Brechin while my "B" team defeated Montrose in the Irn-Bru Cup setting up a second round against Rangers Colts.  

On the transfer front I've raided fellow Championship teams Falkirk and Morton bringing in Tony Gallacher from Falkirk while from Morton came Mark Russell and Jack Purdue.  I still need a backup Centre Back as I made the mistake of letting William Edjenguele go before properly evaluating my depth charts.  

More reasons why I love this game.

My Dundee United team have been playing really well and have earned a Betfred Cup quarter final against Rangers, in the buildup their manager had this to say about my "diddy team"

image.thumb.png.16a1746046fb145489584eb146ab1a19.png'

Here are the lineups as a confident Rangers manager decides to rotate his squad, expecting to cruise

The home team  and the much superior visitors rotating their squad (there are spoilers here) 

image.png.07f90c7717639b8290eabe98657bfcc7.pngimage.png.0d7ba9b5cfca3d9cd9f80194d5dcd38d.png

What ends up happening is a delightful "oh snap!" moment

image.thumb.png.cd819de3a210f3fb0b1718b88dc6fb5b.png