Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Yeah has to be to do with those factors. Playing a saints save myself and made the playoff round of Europa before crashing out. Made fair bit of cash but when asked to increase money was told no. Spent my 100k on loan deal for Jamie walker at hearts. My only player incoming . Sitting 5th in league and have ross county in semi of league cup. Starting to enjoy it a bit more. Be interested to hear your take on saints and how they are rated.

I think you've got Saints mostly spot on, although the caveat I would have is that I've not used some players at all so I'm not actually sure if they are about right or not. (Foster, Comrie, Millar, Paton, Gilchrist, Gordon, Cummins and Johnstone have all either been sold without playing or haven't played any minutes as yet). I sold Cummins to Barnsley and he's ended up in their reserve. Paton is a regular at Hibs, Millar has moved to Charlton and Foster has dropped down a league to play for Falkirk but it's too early to say whether they'll feature heavily or not.

Wotherspoon is maybe a bit OP, but I can understand why because his actual statistics are probably better than what we think we see on the pitch in real life. Whenever he plays though, he seems to score or get an assist for me on top of playing well. Joe has developed into a better player than Ando over the course of the season and Easton is probably one of the best left backs in the league... I can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money though - I've only managed 2 in the league all season, albeit with a gung-ho tactic. I'd say that Clark is comfortably better than Mannus in the game on the basis of what I've seen so far, but not sure that's the case in real life. Again though, that might just be down to the in game mechanics - an older players' stats seem to decrease quite rapidly if they have any time out of the team, and Clark has been first choice for me most of the season.

Not sure if you had anything to do with the squad dynamics/social groups but they're quite clearly spot on. Think it's clear in real life who the leaders in our team are and its who I'd expect in the game.

I think you've got Saints mostly spot on, although the caveat I would have is that I've not used some players at all so I'm not actually sure if they are about right or not. (Foster, Comrie, Millar, Paton, Gilchrist, Gordon, Cummins and Johnstone have all either been sold without playing or haven't played any minutes as yet). I sold Cummins to Barnsley and he's ended up in their reserve. Paton is a regular at Hibs, Millar has moved to Charlton and Foster has dropped down a league to play for Falkirk but it's too early to say whether they'll feature heavily or not.
Wotherspoon is maybe a bit OP, but I can understand why because his actual statistics are probably better than what we think we see on the pitch in real life. Whenever he plays though, he seems to score or get an assist for me on top of playing well. Joe has developed into a better player than Ando over the course of the season and Easton is probably one of the best left backs in the league... I can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money though - I've only managed 2 in the league all season, albeit with a gung-ho tactic. I'd say that Clark is comfortably better than Mannus in the game on the basis of what I've seen so far, but not sure that's the case in real life. Again though, that might just be down to the in game mechanics - an older players' stats seem to decrease quite rapidly if they have any time out of the team, and Clark has been first choice for me most of the season.

Not sure if you had anything to do with the squad dynamics/social groups but they're quite clearly spot on. Think it's clear in real life who the leaders in our team are and its who I'd expect in the game.

Cheers for that. Always interesting to see what actual fans who play the game think. Think spoony was set up to be about 4 th best player this season. From memory I had Joe, muzza, macca and then spoony behind them. I was quite strict with the ratings this year and tried to be as accurate as my eye sees week to week. I think Joe in real life is developing into a superb defender but had to really fight for his ratings over the past two seasons. Stuart who oversees the Scotland research had a different opinion. I've gradually upped him each window/update. Regarding scougall tanser Denny comrie etc at the time of submission they hasn't played much and therefore didn't see enough to feel justified in tweaking them . Jobs now open so think yourself or random perfect for it. I actually got an under 20 player each season getting me all the info on them and asked them all via social media private messages to give me their best attributes etc. I got a couple of first team players involved also so that was good also as helps try and get it as accurate as possible

19 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

One of my strikers at Edinburgh Academy is officially a diving c**t.  Won two dubious penalties in one game and was later booked for diving. 

I think it was FM16 I had a guy who dived twice in a Champions League Quarter Final and got booked both of them, within about 8 minutes of each other.  Got put out in the end after not quite managing to adjust.  Then had one of my other strikers dive later on and pick up another booking.  First one was sold the next day, other one rotted in the reserves until I could punt him at the end of the season.

Seething, heads gone, etc

My Academy game is going well, I'm leading the East of Scotland League with 3 games to go, unbeaten so far with 18 wins and 3 draws but those pesky Kelty Hearts are still in it, they are 8 points back but with a game in hand.  I've also laid out some ground rules, I need to rely on my academy except if a player departs for a higher division and I can't replace him with the academy I am allowed to sign a replacement but that player needs to be 19 years old or younger.  Second ground rule is that if a league club (or English club) makes an offer for one of my players I have to negotiate it, or of they are offering a pre-contract I can't stand in their way.  I'm going to keep an eye on some of these players to see how far they go, I already let one guy go to Livingston (a 17 year old Centre back named Brian Wilson) and have another CB, a 16 year old named Kenny MacLeod joining Barnsley on a free at the end of the year so I wonder how well these players will end up doing.

Oh and Eyemounth United are the kings of comedy own goals, I have played them in two separate games recently (one league, one cup) and in both games their defender tried passing it back to the goalie under absolutely no pressure, unfortunately the goalie was looking the wrong way and it went in for an own goal. 

We've managed to get a Brazilian investor right before our playoff matches against Morton. We're having another injury crisis so I fear the worst.

2nd place Dumbarton went to top of the league St Mirren on the final day and beat them 1-0 to become champions. For a long time it looked like Dumbarton had bottled it, they were 13 points ahead at one stage.

image.thumb.png.e41f3da68fc18d6fd9f7b327b68c0d1a.png

I'm seething. Playoff final... won 2-0 in the first leg. Then go away to Hamilton to try and see it out, Buchanan fucking two foots Gary Oliver 5 mins in and we lose 7-1. He can f**k right off. Next season I need new CB's, a new keeper & new striker. We better win the league this time.

36 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm seething. Playoff final... won 2-0 in the first leg. Then go away to Hamilton to try and see it out, Buchanan fucking two foots Gary Oliver 5 mins in and we lose 7-1. He can f**k right off. Next season I need new CB's, a new keeper & new striker. We better win the league this time.

If you dont win the Championship with £9m to spend Im coning round to uninstall the game from your PC

5 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Oh I know right... I've got Fontaine, Ryan Christie and Scott Allan coming in so far.

I'm also curious to see how Scott Allan does in the championship in Football Manager.  In real life he's only been any good at that level anyways

We got hit with an almost £7M tax bill straight away. As it stands I'm in the market for a Goalkeeper, 3 CB's, 2 wingers & a striker. Thankfully some of the players due to leave aren't going until July 1st so they'll tide me over the first 3/4 friendlies or so whilst I look for replacements. I might switch up my formation as well but I'm undecided on that, we'll see what options I can bring in first.

Callum Smith from Dunfermline would be worth a punt. A couple of hundred grand should probably get you him early on.

Three seasons in and he scored 25 goals for Dunfermline in the top flight.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Callum Smith from Dunfermline would be worth a punt. A couple of hundred grand should probably get you him early on.

I still have him and I'm just starting my 3rd season in the Championship. I'm tempted to play him up top on his own as when I've used him in a two up top he tends to become an assist man.

Fallen 7 points behind Celtic after a 5-1 humiliation at Celtic Park. Also drawn a couple of matches of late so it seems like I've Aberdeen'd my title race with 11 games to go. I am still a point above Rangers however. 

I've set a few players for release in the summer also. Keith Watson, Alan Mannus and Matty Fryatt the notable ones, with a few youngsters and loan players (Hopper, Demetri Mitchell and my winger from Bari) also departing to make room for a few new signings in the summer.

Edited by Kyle

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Trying to get him for my hibs side in the 2nd season. Scored over 20 goals in the championship in my save.