Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Has anyone bought the in-game editor?  I'm tempted after watching a Youtube video where they pumped Boston United full of cash and watched them go full Gretna spending huge amounts on players and wages to get from the National League North to the Championship before administration (twice) and collapse down the leagues.

Tempted to add an u20/reserve side for Dunfermline, it's an absolute nightmare trying to keep players match fit who may not necessarily be in the first team squad.

Dumbarton are bottom of the league in my game.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Tempted to add an u20/reserve side for Dunfermline, it's an absolute nightmare trying to keep players match fit who may not necessarily be in the first team squad.

Dumbarton are bottom of the league in my game.

U20 squad comes back at the start of the 2nd season.

I've been playing around with the in-game editor a bit.  I started a save using a combination of a Scottish Lower League database, the "create a club" function and the editor.  I started as Tynecastle but with the create a club feature renamed them Edinburgh Academy and changed the colours a bit to incorporate both the Hearts dark red and the Hibs green.  Then I gave the club some money and started signing they greyed out players and boosting their ratings.  Has been quite fun, I've won 5 of 6 in the league plus done decently well in the cups (there are a lot of cups at this level), I even took home the Alex Jack Cup beating Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale in the final!  I also boosted the youth facilities and recruitment so hopefully will get some good regens for the East of Scotland League level.  Anyways here is my squad.  Some of these guys were signings, most were grey players converted.  The top two (Dean Lyons and Brian Wilson) were the first two players I created so after that I decided to mostly boost their potential and not so much their current ability so that I didn't just create an Uber-team to destroy the league.  

EdiAccies.PNG

Edited by senorsoupe

Plunged in to my final few games as Saints manager. Heartbreakingly I've just had my youth intake, described as a "golden generation" by my HOYD, five players with five star potential...

Nine minutes into a home tie with Bala Town and Graham Cummins has two goals and two assists, and I'm 8-0 up on aggregate.

I should upload this tactic as "miracle tactic" I reckon

Denny Johnstone just scored in the same match, nothing you ever achieve will better that@Kyle

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nine minutes into a home tie with Bala Town and Graham Cummins has two goals and two assists, and I'm 8-0 up on aggregate.

Denny Johnstone just scored in the same match, nothing you ever achieve will better that@Kyle

In fairness, that is some achievement.

22 games into my season, I'm sitting second level on points with Rangers and a point behind Celtic. I've lost 3 matches all season (Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen away) and Isma now has 16 league goals.

I've lost Michael O'Halloran but Lewis Morgan has come in and has looked ok so far. He's only played 2 or 3 games to date but he's not looking out of place. I've had a bit of a clean out of old stagers/diddy youngsters (Millar, Foster, Gilchrist, Greg Page all gone - Craig Thomson has signed a pre-contract with Inverness too). and my only other signing has been this lad on an 18 month loan from Feyenoord.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emil-hansson/profil/spieler/276002

He's 4 stars with 5 star potential, natural at MC, AMC and AML. Pretty much the perfect signing. I'll try and make it a permanent deal if he shows up well and if I get decent money for Wotherspoon/Scougall, who are both valued at around £3 million.

I think there's still a week or so left in the window, so contemplating sending Hopper back to Scunthorpe and bringing in another striker as he's just not up to scratch.

I'm looking at pre contracts but a lot of the players I'd quite like to bring in want to wait until closer to the summer before deciding their future. I've tried to sign Liam Henderson too but he reckons I don't have the resources to meet his demands.

I would also like to extend Isma's contract but he wants £5k a week basic salary which is over what I can afford. He's got 2 and a half years left on his deal though, and I'm quite sure I can get him to stay longer.

Edited by Kyle

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Upload it!

I've been using this formation

https://www.fmscout.com/i-2323-is-the-future-fm18-tactic.html

which looks odd but is actually pretty good.

One thing I've noticed about tactics, the green lines between players seems to be quite important. However, when you start a game none of the players have any kind of relationship which seems a bit odd given they've played together already before you arrived.

Upload it!
I've been using this formation
https://www.fmscout.com/i-2323-is-the-future-fm18-tactic.html
which looks odd but is actually pretty good.
One thing I've noticed about tactics, the green lines between players seems to be quite important. However, when you start a game none of the players have any kind of relationship which seems a bit odd given they've played together already before you arrived.

That tactic looks like something that would suit Hibs tbh.

Can’t wait to get my MacBook back and actually fucking play this it’s torture reading the thread not knowing what it’s like!

1 minute ago, The Ginger Prince said:

That tactic looks like something that would suit Hibs tbh.

Can’t wait to get my MacBook back and actually fucking play this it’s torture reading the thread not knowing what it’s like!

I think this year's version is much better than the last couple at least.  Still a problem with some players being ridiculously OP (Kris Doolan has 29 league goals after 22 league matches :rolleyes:) but that apart it's really good. I really like the team dynamics and social groups addition and players seem to get lots of niggling injuries - missing one or two days of training but are able to play in the next match. Certainly feels more realistic in terms of game play, even if St Johnstone having £1.5 million to spend (and only £700k of that coming from transfer fees) feels unrealistic.

I think this year's version is much better than the last couple at least.  Still a problem with some players being ridiculously OP (Kris Doolan has 29 league goals after 22 league matches :rolleyes:) but that apart it's really good. I really like the team dynamics and social groups addition and players seem to get lots of niggling injuries - missing one or two days of training but are able to play in the next match. Certainly feels more realistic in terms of game play, even if St Johnstone having £1.5 million to spend (and only £700k of that coming from transfer fees) feels unrealistic.

Not sure why you have a budget like that as I set it up that they have 100k and about 5.5k wages to play with

I had £3 million in the bank and got to the play off rounds in Europe so I wonder if that had something to do with it? I asked for more money for transfers expecting a couple of hundred of grand and they increased the transfer budget to £1.2 million. I had to shift some of that into the wage budget so didn't spend as much as that, but was still able to spend £400k on Goncalves, £110k on Peter Grant and £300k on Lewis Morgan.

I had £3 million in the bank and got to the play off rounds in Europe so I wonder if that had something to do with it? I asked for more money for transfers expecting a couple of hundred of grand and they increased the transfer budget to £1.2 million. I had to shift some of that into the wage budget so didn't spend as much as that, but was still able to spend £400k on Goncalves, £110k on Peter Grant and £300k on Lewis Morgan.

Yeah has to be to do with those factors. Playing a saints save myself and made the playoff round of Europa before crashing out. Made fair bit of cash but when asked to increase money was told no. Spent my 100k on loan deal for Jamie walker at hearts. My only player incoming . Sitting 5th in league and have ross county in semi of league cup. Starting to enjoy it a bit more. Be interested to hear your take on saints and how they are rated.