Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

On 11/17/2017 at 06:26, JamieStevenson said:

He moved to a thriving Dumbarton for free. I punted him because it didn't feel right having a player that was no longer at the club. When I checked half way through that season he had scored 10 in 13 for them. They ripped us apart 8-1 at EEP. They lost their playoff games so now they're going for the title in the second season.

These c***s have come back with a vengeance. Mark Stewart has 19 goals in 9 games ffs.

image.thumb.png.ef7fb5953e79bb7b3911eea69b0e481c.png

Motherwell are pretty awful on my Hearts save, sitting bottom of the table with only 3 wins in 23 games. Hoping they go down so I can try to nick a couple of their better players on the cheap. 

My Celtic team has been brilliant in Europe, so far in the Champions League I beat Bayern 4-2 at home, smoked BATE Borisov away 4-0 and managed to nick a 1-1 draw at PSG (despite Kieran Tierney being injured and starting Craig Forsyth at LB)  leaving me top of my group at the halfway stage.  Domestically has been spottier including losing 2-1 in the first Old Firm game but am still leading the league, 2 points (with a game in hand) ahead of Sevco.

Also good news for Ross County fans, they have improved and are now 11th with 8 points, 3 ahead of hapless Kilmarnock.  I'm going to see how this season plays out because Greg Taylor looks a good prospect I could get on the cheap.

Edited by senorsoupe

Im on the cusp of the sack at Saints. Only two points off fourth in March but I've gone eight games without a win. Was given the task of getting eight points from five games (Dunfermline, Dundee United, Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen) and managed to pick up one from the first two. No chance I beat Celtic and Hearts, so that'll be that,

In contrast to poor RandomGuy, I've won 5 games on the spin after a wee blip. Dundee, Hamlton and Aberdeen saw us go 3 games without a win (two 1-1 draws and a 2-0 defeat - Goncalves scored against Hamilton as well as previously against Dundee). Since then we've beaten Rangers and Hearts 2-1 (goals from Scougall, Goncalves and 2 from O'Halloran), beaten Ross County 4-1 (Raphael Martinho, Goncalves, O'Halloran and Scougall,) and then another two 2-1 wins against Thistle and Celtic (Raphael Martinho, Maclean ( :wub: ), McTominay and Davidson). Those results have taken us to second - 2 points behind Celtic and 5 ahead of third placed Thistle. Doolan has scored 15 goals in 12 league game :rolleyes: 

Hibs at Easter Road next with us 2 points behind Celtic and 5 clear of Partick Thistle who are currently 3rd. Hearts are 9 points adrift at the bottom and Hibs are sitting in 10th on goal difference ahead of County. Table looks a little strange if I'm honest!

On the transfer front, I've managed to sign Lewis Morgan for £300k. He'll come in at the beginning of January to replace the departing O'Halloran. I tried to sign him permanently but Rangers want too much for him and the game reckons I can't extend his loan.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

In contrast to poor RandomGuy, I've won 5 games on the spin after a wee blip. Dundee, Hamlton and Aberdeen saw us go 3 games without a win (two 1-1 draws and a 2-0 defeat - Goncalves scored against Hamilton as well as previously against Dundee). Since then we've beaten Rangers and Hearts 2-1 (goals from Scougall, Goncalves and 2 from O'Halloran), beaten Ross County 4-1 (Raphael Martinho, Goncalves, O'Halloran and Scougall,) and then another two 2-1 wins against Thistle and Celtic (Raphael Martinho, Maclean ( :wub: ), McTominay and Davidson). Those results have taken us to second - 2 points behind Celtic and 5 ahead of third placed Thistle. Doolan has scored 15 goals in 12 league game :rolleyes: 

Hibs at Easter Road next with us 2 points behind Celtic and 5 clear of Partick Thistle who are currently 3rd. Hearts are 9 points adrift at the bottom and Hibs are sitting in 10th on goal difference ahead of County. Table looks a little strange if I'm honest!

On the transfer front, I've managed to sign Lewis Morgan for £300k. He'll come in at the beginning of January to replace the departing O'Halloran. I tried to sign him permanently but Rangers want too much for him and the game reckons I can't extend his loan.

Used most of the transfer budget hibs have this year to get him in. Bargain. 

Finally got my tactics in order and reading opposition teams and more importantly the players a lot better. Won the last 9 out of 11 in all comps. That puts me 2nd in the league now and have an IRN BRU Cup Q/F vs Rangers U20's next when I resume tomorrow. Struggling with injuries up front but luckily I have a lot of talent to fill in there.

Folk should be looking at Cadden if Motherwell look like they'll be relegated, I bid before the indie opened and had a £50k offer accepted, but Aberdeen moved in at the same time.

Got a transfer budget of about 4 million and had about 20k a week to spare on wages with Hibs at the start of my third season. This takeover stuff is decent. 

Signed a good few players, Boyata on a free transfer and an Egyptian regen being the highlights. Also signed a 35 year old Robinho as a last resort back up striker and he scored on his debut. Scenes everywhere. 

Got bored of the Scotland save after a while so thought I'd start a club save. Someone mentioned simming the first season and taking over the new League 2 team so I've done that and took over Spartans.

Didn't even think about having to hire all the staff so went into my first friendly against Bonyrigg Rose with no scout/coach reports on any of my players :lol: Put a shit load of job adverts up and won the game 5-0, few days later we played QPR at home, went in 3-0 down at HT and kept a goalless second half which I'm happy enough with. Betfred Cup about to start and I still have no staff (someone has still been making signings though which I've reluctantly confirmed - with no scouting information whatsoever).

Hopefully get an assistant manager in at least by the end of the group stages, preferably along with coaches, scouts and a physio.

Has anyone bought the in-game editor?  I'm tempted after watching a Youtube video where they pumped Boston United full of cash and watched them go full Gretna spending huge amounts on players and wages to get from the National League North to the Championship before administration (twice) and collapse down the leagues.

Board have stabbed me in the back and sold Morris on January's deadline day. I had to panic buy Gregor Buchanan, who had been bossing it for Dumbarton I must add.

My top scorer Andy Ryan leaving in the summer for Dundee for free unfortunately. Mvoto is leaving in the summer as well and I'll be bringing in Fontaine as back up.