Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Just now, senorsoupe said:

I just looked him up on Wikipedia and I'm surprised we haven't given him a cap in real life, especially considering we recently called up Fraser Aird....

He's been sounded out by the Canadian FA but is still getting his papers etc together to prove his eligibility. I suspect he'll get a call up at some point next year.

He's been sounded out by the Canadian FA but is still getting his papers etc together to prove his eligibility. I suspect he'll get a call up at some point next year.

There was a problem with him getting correct passport application done. Hence the delay. Plus he just had second kid when they were looking to cap him so didn't want to travel.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

There was a problem with him getting correct passport application done. Hence the delay. Plus he just had second kid when they were looking to cap him so didn't want to travel.

At least it's not the CSA's usual incompetence (this time).  If only they could have gotten their act together when Asmir Begovic was looking to choose a national team....

I upgraded my available pack to the one that includes worldwide searches... although that may have been after I searched for Coulibaly. Costs £20k a month but looks worth it.
There's a lot of little touches which make this game so much more playable than last years. The team dynamics and relationship with the squad at large is a great feature. Chris Millar is no longer highly influencial in my squad because of his reduced playing time. David Wotherspoon has replaced him in the hierarchy. It's now Anderson, Mannus and Wotherspoon who you don't want to piss off.

Sounds like your ideal for taking over Saints research Kyle !!

I upgraded my available pack to the one that includes worldwide searches... although that may have been after I searched for Coulibaly. Costs £20k a month but looks worth it.
There's a lot of little touches which make this game so much more playable than last years. The team dynamics and relationship with the squad at large is a great feature. Chris Millar is no longer highly influencial in my squad because of his reduced playing time. David Wotherspoon has replaced him in the hierarchy. It's now Anderson, Mannus and Wotherspoon who you don't want to piss off.

Youll be haemorrhaging money through scouting if they've not patched it yet, was ~£80k per player in top of scouting packs.

And aye, Wotherspoon as a Team Leader is superb, get him to speak to any unhappy player and he'll get them to change their minds

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youll be haemorrhaging money through scouting if they've not patched it yet, was ~£80k per player in top of scouting packs.

And aye, Wotherspoon as a Team Leader is superb, get him to speak to any unhappy player and he'll get them to change their minds

Oh ya fucker I didn't even notice that! :lol:

Morris and Murdoch are the top boys understandably. Murdoch is a delight to deal with but Morris has been a bit of a p***k. I still haven't managed to bring in another goalkeeper. Was after Louis Gray or whatever he's called (the Welsh one). But Dundee of course signed him.

I let Murdoch go pretty quickly. Do you get an U20s team in your second season?

Oh ya fucker I didn't even notice that! [emoji38]

Patch came out last night which they claim has resolved the scouting cost issue, you lucky boy.

The latest patch has utterly fucked me. Sixth one season, fifth the second, sitting comfortably fifth in the third by November and looking good for a top three challenge.

Patch came in and I've not won a game since, eight games, and I've scored about one goal. Nothing else has changed apart from the patch.

Every fucking year.

Got taken over by a random consortium in the second season of my Hibs save. Didn’t get ridiculous cash to spend but they have increased the budget. Allowed me to get in Ryan Christie on a pre contract (bought early for 300k) along with Cammy Kerr and Greg Taylor. Can’t get anywhere near Celtc, been pumped by them in every game so far. 

Reached the winter break in my first season with Hearts and sitting 4th at the moment. 

Sold Noring and Nowak for around £100k in total and brought in Coulibaly who was superb to start with but seems to have hit a cold patch now, a Portuguese midfield Joao Novais for £125k and Danny Devine from Patrick Thistle for £250k. 

Looking to strengthen the full back positions in the transfer window and potentially another striker but struggling to find the right options at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Got taken over by a random consortium in the second season of my Hibs save. Didn’t get ridiculous cash to spend but they have increased the budget. Allowed me to get in Ryan Christie on a pre contract (bought early for 300k) along with Cammy Kerr and Greg Taylor. Can’t get anywhere near Celtc, been pumped by them in every game so far. 

Celtic were unstoppable for the first two seasons for me, then Rodgers left for Dortmund, they hired and Frank De Boer, and hes turned them into shite. They sit closer to sixth than first in terms of points in February and De Boer has, finally, been punted.

1 hour ago, Duffy_ said:

Reached the winter break in my first season with Hearts and sitting 4th at the moment. 

Sold Noring and Nowak for around £100k in total and brought in Coulibaly who was superb to start with but seems to have hit a cold patch now, a Portuguese midfield Joao Novais for £125k and Danny Devine from Patrick Thistle for £250k. 

Looking to strengthen the full back positions in the transfer window and potentially another striker but struggling to find the right options at the moment. 

Demetri Mitchell of Manchester United seems to end up in Scottish football a lot, a decent left back option if you can get him,

Also this game clearly doesn't rate Ross County.  Second save I have started where they have been poor, 1 point from 6 games so far, fortunately for them Kilmarnock have been almost as inept with 2 points.  My Celtic team just played them and won 3-0, aided by Tim Chow getting a straight red in the first minute!