Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Aye the pre-match discussion thing seems utterly pointless at the moment, think they've tried to add "immersion" but it's just laborious. I've still only played a few in game days so not certain if anything else is going to annoy me yet

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Anyone had a game with less than 5 minutes added time at the end yet?

i have had so far 

1 with 7 min 

1 with 6 min 

1 with 5 min 

3 with 4 min

1 with 3 min 

1 with 2 min

Having 22 players all blacked out is a bit annoying, had to switch to 2D just so I could tell who was who.

Managed to get Saints into the 3rd qualifying round so far. Some Luxembourg team brushed aside, and then a 3-2 aggregate shitfest over Kairat Almaty, a last minute Liam Craig winner!

Celtic are absolute monsters on this. Started my season with a few narrow wins and draws, head to Celtic Park with a solid tactic that I was confident in.

4-0 after half an hour [emoji38]

Is anybody playing this on Mac? 

The game looks absolutely terrible for me due to the retina options being disabled on the beta. Anybody found a way of making it look moderately playable? 

Is anybody playing this on Mac? 
The game looks absolutely terrible for me due to the retina options being disabled on the beta. Anybody found a way of making it look moderately playable? 

Think you're fucked until the release date, tbh. Rakes of folk been moaning about it on the SI forum, and been told it's a complicated issue which will take a while to resolve

I'm finding this utterly impossible with Arbroath, tried several starts with different tactics/ signings etc. and each time by the time it comes into November I'm down the bottom and out of a job/ on the verge of being out of a job.

Why am I so shite :(

First six months down..

VRWtonK.png

That middle spell was horrendous (and pretty realistic, in fact) but the panic signing of Coulibaly (which wont be realistic) seems to have helped 

3rJIhtS.png

They seem to have fixed the display issues on Mac so spending the rest of my Sunday proving that I'm not as shite as Levein. Here we go... 

How you getting on?

Hearts poor on my save, but Goncalves been one of the top scorers in the league

Anyone playing as a Scottish Championship or mid-table Premier league side....first thing to do is sign Scott McTominay on loan from Man Utd.

16 games, 7 goals, 8 assists. Averaging 7.97 rating. As a ball winning central midfielder of all things, not even an attacking mid. He's a monster!

Edited by djchapsticks

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How you getting on?

Hearts poor on my save, but Goncalves been one of the top scorers in the league

Only played through the League Cup group so far but doing better than Cathro did anyway! 

Went a goal down to East Kilbride in the opening game so was fearing the worst but came back to win 4-1. Beat Dunfermline 2-1, Annan 3-1 and then beat East Fife 3-2. 

Playing a 5-3-2/5-4-1 with wing backs so a little disappointed not to have kept a clean sheet yet but we'll see how the league campaign starts.

On 30/10/2017 at 10:14, SGMilne said:

If there are any data issues any of you have noticed, please flag them up now so I can try to sort them before the 'proper' release.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/411781-scotland-official-data-issues/ 

That thread contains issues that have already been raised and mostly sorted.

Not sure if this is too late but looking at St. Mirren, we've sold quite a few players on in the last few years with sell-on clauses. None of which have been picked up.

John McGinn - 33% of next sale

Kenny McLean - 10% of next sale

Kyle McAllister - 20% of next sale

Stevie Mallan - 20% of next sale.

First season done

MY11ESN.png

Struggled badly after the split, but as you can tell I managed to make the top half. My youth team came close to beating Celtic in the final game but just fell away, Celtic were full strength, which irritates me. Wish AI managers rotated more in "dead rubbers"

FV1hLsw.png

Motherwell and County both go down, Livingston and Falkirk come up.

Motherwells relegation prompted a fire sale. Moult was available for £375k so I went for it, agreed a contract, then he signed down South on wages four times what I offered. Cadden had refused a new contract, so was availabe for £500k compensation, I agreed a £50k fee with a massive sell on fee, which was accepted. He joined Aberdeen for £500k and getting four times what I offered.

Seen Lewis Morgan hadn't agreed a deal with St Mirren, enquired, got told £75k plus a 30% sell on fee, agreed a contract with him. He joins Aberdeen for the full compensation amount (can't remember, think it was £500k again) and on four times what I could offer.

Seen Jai Quitongo was out of contract, enquired, got told £50k plus 30% sell on fee. Agree contract.

HE SIGNS!

He and Craig Sibbald (free) were my main signings. Brought Jamie Lindsay on for free from County to help cover the central areas. Spent all Summer trying to get a decent right back, as Foster demanded a move to Aberdeen and I couldn't be bothered with a revolt, Comrie had performed well anyway. Decided early on to just use Scout Reports instead of hunting out players I know are decent, only to find out the Scouts are fucking useless at finding right backs, out of contract attacking players no bother, but not one decent right back. Best option was Glen Johnson, but he wanted a huge wage and was a huge injury risk.