Margaret Fleming

34 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I still think she's in the house.

23 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
34 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
I still think she's in the house.

Probably in the garden somewhere I'd say

I drive past their wee pad. I think it would be fair to say that Scotsquad have checked both. The nearby Firth of Clyde, however...

• 8 months later...
On 14/06/2019 at 17:01, ICTChris said:

Going to be some banter when she comes back from her job as a gangmaster / drug dealer in Poland IMO.

Apparently the police just missed her. She went out the back.door as they came in the front. 5 minutes earlier and this business could all have been avoided.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I watched the first part of the documentary on this last night.  Really sad case, the couple of people who remembered her from school reminsicing was very poignent.  I don't really understand the family dynamic - I had assumed that her mother was dead and she had been put int he care of her murderers as she didn't have any blood relatives but apparently that isn't the case.

One thing I'd never seen was in the interview that the BBC did with them the journalist asked Cairney what Margaret was like and he said "she's got dark hair... she's fat and dirty"  what a piece of human garbage, hopefully he's never released.  Another witness made the point that people see him now as a kind of pathetic figure but he wasn't like that when he was younger, he was a kind of dominating figure, physically and emotionally.

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I watched the first part of the documentary on this last night.  Really sad case, the couple of people who remembered her from school reminsicing was very poignent.  I don't really understand the family dynamic - I had assumed that her mother was dead and she had been put int he care of her murderers as she didn't have any blood relatives but apparently that isn't the case.

One thing I'd never seen was in the interview that the BBC did with them the journalist asked Cairney what Margaret was like and he said "she's got dark hair... she's fat and dirty"  what a piece of human garbage, hopefully he's never released.  Another witness made the point that people see him now as a kind of pathetic figure but he wasn't like that when he was younger, he was a kind of dominating figure, physically and emotionally.

You could see that in the interview how Margaret stayed silent until he prompted her, she just sat there gormless. The pathetic appearance didn't disguise that he is a horrible c**t.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It is a very sad story but the 2nd part is great TV. Cairney's behaviour in court is bonkers.

I would guess that this is what got them their guilty verdict as there is next to no evidence they killed her. It did say in the first one that he used to run a diving company so my guess is he was more than able to dispose of a body in the depths.

Jones' lack of emotion in court was also very weird. 

7 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

It is a very sad story but the 2nd part is great TV. Cairney's behaviour in court is bonkers.

I would guess that this is what got them their guilty verdict as there is next to no evidence they killed her. It did say in the first one that he used to run a diving company so my guess is he was more than able to dispose of a body in the depths.

Jones' lack of emotion in court was also very weird. 

Having just watched the second part on catch up I can firmly concur with your comments about Cairney, he, to use an unfortunate analogy given the case, dug his own grave. 

Even the prosecution lawyer in clips out of court confessed he was less than convinced there was enough evidence for murder convictions, however Cairney and his completely bizarre and, at times scumbag demeanor when questioned more than likely sealed their fate based purely on that alone. 

Edited by Flybhoy