Margaret Fleming

Their story is so ludicrous it just might be true.

Then again, maybe not.

This lassie hasn't been seen by a dentist, a social worker or a doctor in 19 years. Was this care arrangement a private affair between the couple and the girl's family? Even so, as she has a disability/learning difficulty I would have thought Social Services would have been involved, but apparently not.

How has she travelled to Poland etc? Has she got a passport (for identification purposes for airport security)? If not she must have travelled by ferry/train/car. Someone must have driven her, she couldn't have had a license.

Were there no clothes in her room? That would give an indication whether she was actually living there.

According to her "carers", she just walked out with no money, no suitcase and no means of travel.

And another thing - we have to keep records of the expenditure of the young adult we care for, and I mean records: Income on one page, expenditure (complete with receipts) in another. It's not sufficient to just write "£50.00 spending money/tech money", I usually pay by card which provides a receipt of whatever he's spending be it cinema tickets, clothes, magazines, dvds, whatever.

These financial records are inspected regularly.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Not mentioned in the online report, but on the TV last night, the wifey was asked about how she had continued to collect the lassie's benefits.

"Yes I did.  But I passed every penny on to Eddie, and he made sure that she got it.  We never kept or used any of it"

Aye right.

Plus, if she wasn't at home. they either posted it to an address or sent it via the banking system, so surely they can supply some proof that can be traced to the girl herself.

Put this pair in a room with Gerry & Kate, see who breaks first.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Their story is so ludicrous it just might be true.

Then again, maybe not.

This lassie hasn't been seen by a dentist, a social worker or a doctor in 19 years. Was this care arrangement a private affair between the couple and the girl's family? Even so, as she has a disability/learning difficulty I would have thought Social Services would have been involved, but apparently not.

How has she travelled to Poland etc? Has she got a passport (for identification purposes for airport security)? If not she must have travelled by ferry/train/car. Someone must have driven her, she couldn't have had a license.

Were there no clothes in her room? That would give an indication whether she was actually living there.

According to her "carers", she just walked out with no money, no suitcase and no means of travel.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

And another thing - we have to keep records of the expenditure of the young adult we care for, and I mean records: Income on one page, expenditure (complete with receipts) in another. It's not sufficient to just write "£50.00 spending money/tech money", I usually pay by card which provides a receipt of whatever he's spending be it cinema tickets, clothes, magazines, dvds, whatever.

These financial records are inspected regularly.

Maybe Kilbowie2002 could enlighten us as to the  likely form of questioning, and what lines of enquiry the police might be pursuing here ?

I think this is maybe just a case of the police being happy enough to let them speak as much as they can and just waiting to pounce after some time when they've tied themselves up in so many knots. I think the police have allowed these sorts of appeals before as a means of just building evidence and guiding their investigation. Either that or, much much less likely, she's been some secret criminal genius for years and the police have evidence of this.

The couple don't really seem the brightest.

You'll not need to be the brightest in the force to untangle their pish, there's certainly no evidence of a knife sharpener in that household.

Edited by ayrmad

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They say never judge a book by its cover but this book as "pair of dodgy looking b*****ds" written in big letters all over the front.  And back.  And on its spine.

Image result for margaret fleming carers

Similar expression to the one my dog pulls when asked "who just chewed that bit of carpet?".

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They say never judge a book by its cover but this book as "pair of dodgy looking b*****ds" written in big letters all over the front.  And back.  And on its spine.

Image result for margaret fleming carers

She looks really similar to the 'Did Ye Aye?' dog.

image.jpg

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Nah mate, i have no involvement and wouldnt comment on something like that could cause any cop a lot of problems offering opinions on any ongoing enquiry.

But just between us,

They're guilty as f**k aint they ?

Edited by MEADOWXI

• 3 weeks later...