Choose Juniors

GordonS

With apologies to John Hodge...

Choose league football.

Choose a businessman's plaything. Choose segregation.

Choose deceiving yourself that eleven millionaires you'll never meet will ever give a shhit about your team and aren't trying to get a move to Bristol City. Choose talking like an accountant so you can pretend you understand what the fucck is going on. Choose having your bag searched like you're a criminal and getting lifted for having a can of juice. Choose paying thirty quid to sit in a pishy wee tip-up plastic seat that makes your arrse hurt with legroom designed for a midget. Choose telling yourself that the bampots spewing bile about a religious war in another country that's got fucck all to do with anything in Scotland in 2017 aren't bothering you. Choose stewards with all the brains of a white pudding supper thinking they're special cos they're wearing hi-viz. Choose four quid hot-dogs made of beaks and claws in some shhite-hole factory somewhere, and telling your kids they'll get a drink after cos it's two fuccking pounds for a wee silver pouch of nasty sweetened piss. Choose getting stuck in traffic then parking eight fuccking miles from the ground, and choose not being feart of the wee guy who says "watch your car, mister?" Choose leaving the dog and the wee ones at home. Choose replica gear, club credit cards, official tyre partners, executive boxes, naming rights...

Choose league football. But why would I want to do something like that? I chose not to choose league football. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got the Juniors?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choose league football.
Choose deceiving yourself that eleven millionaires you'll never meet will ever give a shhit about your team and aren't trying to get a move to Bristol City. Choose talking like an accountant so you can pretend you understand what the fucck is going on. Choose having your bag searched like you're a criminal and getting lifted for having a can of juice. Choose paying thirty quid to sit in a pishy wee tip-up plastic seat that makes your arrse hurt with legroom designed for a midget. Choose telling yourself that the bampots spewing bile about a religious war in another country that's got fucck all to do with anything in Scotland in 2017 aren't bothering you. Choose stewards with all the brains of a white pudding supper thinking they're special cos they're wearing hi-viz. Choose four quid hot-dogs made of beaks and claws in some shhite-hole factory somewhere, and telling your kids they'll get a drink after cos it's two fuccking pounds for a wee silver pouch of nasty sweetened piss. Choose getting stuck in traffic then parking eight fuccking miles from the ground, and choose not being feart of the wee guy who says "watch your car, mister?" Choose leaving the dog and the wee ones at home. Choose replica gear, club credit cards, official tyre partners, executive boxes, naming rights...
Choose league football. But why would I want to do something like that? I chose not to choose league football. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got the Juniors?

giphy.gif

Choose league football.

Welcome the new Olive Oil, ......... sorry Danny Boyle. Revolutionary stuff this. The new poet laureate is born [emoji107]

Choose your local junior team

Dont jump on a bus with the local village idiots  who should be supporting  the local junior or senior teams to  claim some allegiance to a senior team in a city you have no connection to 

6 hours ago, gogsy said:

Choose juniors , where the Ayrshire inbreds can put up homophobic banners , approved by their teams committee members .

One club at one game put up one banner. (They will get what's coming)

One post and you have banners and  gloating committee men at at every ground in the shire.fuckin drama queen.

One person at one club put up a banner.
Glenafton will be slated as they will be liable for the behaviour of one of their fans.
Does anyone honestly think the club knew about the banner and sanctioned or condoned it?
On the game itself I felt we were the better team until Talbot scored and then we offered very little.

2 hours ago, Stillseekfedup said:

Glenafton will be slated as they will be liable for the behaviour of one of their fans.
Does anyone honestly think the club knew about the banner and sanctioned or condoned it?
On the game itself I felt we were the better team until Talbot scored and then we offered very little.

Heard the same banner was on display at Scottish final, DK if true?

The original post does hit the nail on the head as to why I would never regularly go to senior football, Junior football is a much more relaxed environment, if fairly intensive at times.

As for the banner at yesterday's game, a lot of people quite rightly picking up on the homophobic nature and disparaging tone directed at Tucker. However, anyone who lives in the west of Scotland knows exactly what the reference "NO SURRENDER" means. The banner was utterly abhorrent on many levels, none more so than bringing this message to a Junior game. This showed us that in all grades there is unsavoury behaviour, but many of us go to the Juniors so as not to see or hear this kind of stuff. Yesterday did not show the Glens in a good light, their  repertoire of songs seemed to be solely littered with derogatory references to Talbot. At the final whistle they disappeared like snaw aff a dyke, leaving about half a dozen, not even to give their own team a clap. Last years Scottish final was in stark contrast with  a substantial amount of Talbot fans clapping both teams at the cup presentation. Glens have come a long way, but part of being a top club is to act like a top club, it will be interesting to see how this all pans out?

At the final whistle they disappeared like snaw aff a dyke, leaving about half a dozen, not even to give their own team a clap. Last years Scottish final was in stark contrast with  a substantial amount of Talbot fans clapping both teams at the cup presentation. Glens have come a long way, but part of being a top club is to act like a top club, it will be interesting to see how this all pans out?

I seen a number of Talbot fans leaving right on full time too. Obviously with Scotland game on at 5pm a lot of folk were in a rush to get home to watch it.

Back when Meadow were decent and we beat Talbot in Ardagh Cup majority of Talbot supporters left before presentation. No big deal.

The Glenafton fans mainly sang about their manager and one of their players to be fair and Talbot fans only found their voice near full time.

On 10/8/2017 at 23:32, gogsy said:

The vast majority of teams in the SPFL, all the other senior teams playing outwith the SPFL , or any amateur team playing on a Saturday as well.  They are all similar, the juniors are no better or no worse than any of these other teams.  You're deluded if you think Junior football is special.

Junior football is special. You either know it, or you don't.

On 10/9/2017 at 09:00, cmontheloknow said:

Football's football. The more that watch, the more regulated everything is. If Lok were getting 3000 each week, Newlandsfield would not look as it does.

But they don't, and it does, and on a sunny evening last spring I sat near two guys talking amiably about parent council, and a dog that never gave up hope of getting hold of the ball, and ate a really good pie and watched a decent game of football in a little ground by the river, before taking the train home. There's so much negativity on this forum, and there's a lot about Junior football that could be better, but sometimes it's nice to be reminded that it's special. Who do you think is having more fun in the sooside, the fans of Pollok or Queens Park?

It’s obvious that your choice is LSD.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

But they don't, and it does, and on a sunny evening last spring I sat near two guys talking amiably about parent council, and a dog that never gave up hope of getting hold of the ball, and ate a really good pie and watched a decent game of football in a little ground by the river, before taking the train home. There's so much negativity on this forum, and there's a lot about Junior football that could be better, but sometimes it's nice to be reminded that it's special. Who do you think is having more fun in the sooside, the fans of Pollok or Queens Park?

Not sure the QP get 3000! Much more valid comparisons to be found at the clubs who get crowds not too dissimilar to ours but have the ability to go upwards therefore don't have poor facilities. For all I love Newlandsfield as a venue, there's so much about it that needs changing.

Archived