RCFC V HMFC

Enough moaning about the national side, more time to moan about County.

I don't forsee much changing from the Killie game, I like how they formation worked. Hearts won't be as bad as them and generally have a good record against us, but I'm sneakily confident we can nab a 2-1 win.

14 hours ago, Comrie said:

I don't forsee much changing from the Killie game

There's a strong argument for that.

However, assuming Hearts will be able to keep the ball a lot better than Killie, that 4-3-3 will soon leave Curran isolated against some pretty good centre-backs.

I'm not sure about Lindsay and Draper together as the more advanced of the three central midfielders in the long term.  Draper is the big flagship signing but he seemed to be the odd one out in the way that County played vs Killie and he was the first one subbed.  I did like how him pulling right allowed Gardyne to come in and link up centrally, however, which really helped the team retain the ball in good areas.  I like Draper and Lindsay enough individually in that role, but neither is likely to play the penetrative pass.

Interesting to see how Owen Coyle sets the team up in this one. Hearts are a significant improvement on Kilmarnock, and I'd expect Levein to pack the midfield (because, you know, that balmy night in Barcelona Prague), so a repeat of the 4-5-1 seems likely but I share Bunglebonce's concerns. 

4 points from the next two home games would be a nice return. Ending October away to both St. Johnstone and Aberdeen gives me the fear.

Were Hearts etickets really letting anyone buy kids tickets online? You got 5 loyalty points from Hearts for buying a ticket. The points, in terms of getting tickets for Hibs away, would be seen by many as more valuable than the cost of the ticket

The away end is 'sold out' but it'd be interesting to know how many actually go

With Hughes being injured I'd hoped we'd go back to a flat back 4, but Nowak is now fit again and Levein has hinted he'd stick with 3 at the back which I don't particularly like.

If Cowie isn't fit again i'd go with Prince or Martin in the middle with Callachan as I still think it's a wee bit early for Cochrane.  f**k me our central midfield  is weak.

I'm looking forward to launching a foul mouthed diatribe in the direction of Douglas Ross. The worthless Tory c**t.

I wonder if his face will be as red as the 'give racism the red card' poster he'll be holding pre match

Luckily for him I think he's the East Stand linesman so will get a easy ride as no fans will be behind him tomorrow

I'm in hospitality tomorrow, so we all know that's a dead cert for an away win

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm looking forward to launching a foul mouthed diatribe in the direction of Douglas Ross. The worthless Tory c**t.

Can we resurrect "id rather be a gypo than a tink" for him?

Or re-work it to "id rather be a gypo than a c**t*"?

* "Tory" doesnt fit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41029954

Archived