John McKeown leaves Cumnock

glensmad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Cumnock should have supported John, & his staff a bit longer.
They won the league last season, playing most of fixtures away from home.
The lads have made a bad start to the season, but Cumnock have had to step up massively in class, & were never going to get off to a flyer.
With league reconciliation taking place at the end of the season, I have no doubt they would have kept Cumnock in the top division.

Thought Cumnock should have supported John, & his staff a bit longer.
They won the league last season, playing most of fixtures away from home.
The lads have made a bad start to the season, but Cumnock have had to step up massively in class, & were never going to get off to a flyer.
With league reconciliation taking place at the end of the season, I have no doubt they would have kept Cumnock in the top division.

This is Cumnocks second season in Premier League. Finished 6th last season.

After last season a lot of Cumnock fans were expecting us to push on this season but unfortunately that hasn’t happened and after yesterday’s shambles I think was the last straw for most fans. Good luck to john and Martin both decent fellas and I’m sure they will be back in the game soon enough

Gutted for John, great big guy and a quality coach. I do hope Cumnock don't live to regret this as its still very early days and he did a great job steadying the club after the inevitable relegation then bringing them back up and moving ahead. Some clubs expect success and improvement year on year and that's not going to happen unless there is healthy investment etc.

A gent of a man and I hope and expect he will be involved again sooner rather than later.

Bad move, dodgy 3/4 weeks and the axe has fell, won 1st Division playing every game away, then had to make the adjustments to a new playing surface, WOS Cup final & Ayrshire final, Yet again Cumnock fail to learn from their nearest & dearest, Mr Sloan out the road was probably under more pressure than John but hey ho, committee back the manager and he delivers the 1st trophy of the season, bear in mind his side is a Work in progress who just defeated the double winners, but hey, Henderson will come in, cash will be spent and Cumnock will be further away than ever.

Bad move, dodgy 3/4 weeks and the axe has fell, won 1st Division playing every game away, then had to make the adjustments to a new playing surface, WOS Cup final & Ayrshire final, Yet again Cumnock fail to learn from their nearest & dearest, Mr Sloan out the road was probably under more pressure than John but hey ho, committee back the manager and he delivers the 1st trophy of the season, bear in mind his side is a Work in progress who just defeated the double winners, but hey, Henderson will come in, cash will be spent and Cumnock will be further away than ever.

Henderson! Don't think so.

Archived