Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen that team reported a few times - surely 44-2? Otherwise we're expecting Griffith's to track back in the same way Forrest does on the right. That's not happening. When Bannan has played out wide for us he's looked ineffective, no idea what he's like defensively though as I can't remember.

59 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Seen that team reported a few times - surely 44-2? Otherwise we're expecting Griffith's to track back in the same way Forrest does on the right. That's not happening. When Bannan has played out wide for us he's looked ineffective, no idea what he's like defensively though as I can't remember.

It may be my mind playing tricks, but did Bannan not have a relatively effective run of form playing on the right of a midfield four in a sort of 4-4-1-1?

I'd be surprised (and a little disappointed) if Strachan has deconstructed the side to that extent, but Div's more often right than wrong on his team exclusives.

23 minutes ago, bbbbb said:

Only thing that appeared to trouble Slovenia against England was pace in the wings...would have thought Forest would hang fee been given the nod.

Looks like Strachan's playing the "give the ball to Phillips" tactic.

Archived