Slovenia Vs Scotland - Official Match Thread

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Only 35000 made the effort to turn up for the Lithuania game making it a crap atmosphere for the 1st home game of the campaign

Plus subsequent games drew 20,000... 48,000 (England)... 26,000... and 46,000 (Slovakia on Thursday).

That's through over-pricing and disillusionment. They surely have to slash prices for Nations League.

The height thing is a bit daft - but I think general fitness and athleticism is an issue.

A player like Robertson is clearly an athlete. But I think an awful lot of Scottish players are just not quite committed enough to go the very top.

Anyway, his post match press conference was always going to be shite. He has absolutely no interest in this aspect.

Just now, pandarilla said:

The height thing is a bit daft - but I think general fitness and athleticism is an issue.

A player like Robertson is clearly an athlete. But I think an awful lot of Scottish players are just not quite committed enough to go the very top.

Anyway, his post match press conference was always going to be shite. He has absolutely no interest in this aspect.

Nor respect

Plus subsequent games drew 20,000... 48,000 (England)... 26,000... and 46,000 (Slovakia on Thursday).

That's through over-pricing and disillusionment. They surely have to slash prices for Nations League.

Agree with pricing your correct . Disillusionment don't agree with support your team through thick and thin regardless of who the manager is or how team are playing. To many big game hunters in Scotland

3 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Agree with pricing your correct . Disillusionment don't agree with support your team through thick and thin regardless of who the manager is or how team are playing. To many big game hunters in Scotland

Those'll be those white settlers I keep reading about.

Just now, pandarilla said:

I agree overall but don't think that's a great example. Robertson is built like a toothpick and you could say he actually is an example of the difference between the physique of players coming through at Scottish teams and in major leagues. Even since Rodgers has been at Celtic and presumably brought some English academy system know-how to Scotland, it's pretty noticeable how different their young players look to other team's. It's an area that the Scottish game as a whole needs to improve on.

Moaning about genetics though. Proper jumping the shark from Strachan there. He needs to be mumbling this shite under his breath in a care home, not managing the national team.

The main thing that has never changed under Strachan is how hard we have to work to get our goals but we don't work hard at keeping them out.  In fact the organisation in the defence is just about non existant and that hasn't changed at all under his stewardship.  Yet he comes out and says it is our genetics, we are too short too defend.  The amount of cheap goals we have given away in his two campaigns have really cost us.

We can pick certain events in the campaign and blame them, but overall it is the defence that continually costs us.  So we can say that certain players should retire, but if we don't address our failings we will continue to have this campaigns doomed to disaster.

I agree overall but don't think that's a great example. Robertson is built like a toothpick and you could say he actually is an example of the difference between the physique of players coming through at Scottish teams and in major leagues. Even since Rodgers has been at Celtic and presumably brought some English academy system know-how to Scotland, it's pretty noticeable how different their young players look to other team's. It's an area that the Scottish game as a whole needs to improve on.
Moaning about genetics though. Proper jumping the shark from Strachan there. He needs to be mumbling this shite under his breath in a care home, not managing the national team.

That's his whole approach to the media though, and it's always been that way.

I'd like him to be present better but I don't think it matters that much.

(I think you're right about the Celtic example)

one mans negativity is another mans realism strikes me his post had a lot of truth in it rather than the negativity you proclaim, albeit he started it off with swearing. As for being 3rd seeds, if you ever hope to improve and qualify for a major tournament then we need to be looking to improve our seeding rather than matching it. Strachan made a horses ass of 4 matches in that qualifying campaign, and got lucky in a few others, his tactics were all over the place, his selection both team and squad was at times horrendous, and his general demeanour throughout the campaign frankly was of someone who thought he was above the fans opinions and that he knew better. Not unlike most Scottish coaches he has persevered with favourites rather than picking the inform players. Bannan, Mulgrew, Fletcher.D, Fletcher.S, Phillips to name but a few dont deserve a place in the team,, yet alone the squad. It's laughable that Fletcher has 80 caps for Scotland.

Nonsense - every single one of those players clearly deserved a place in the squad.

Archived